Chapter 2

Waking up on a sunday afternoon with the sun shining through the curtains, peaking from the spaces.

Rubbing my eyes tiredly, I uncovered my sheets from on top of me. Moving towards the edge of my bed, my feet played around on the cold wooden floor to feel for my slippers.

After a few minutes barely awake I felt the soft fur on the bottom of my foot and slipped them in.

Pushing myself off the bed I sauntered to the extended bathroom of my room tryna keep my eyes open. Feeling for the light switch against the cold wall, my eyes burned from the amount of light that had just entered the room.

Rechnung for my toothbrush inside a pottery cup I made in second grade with little daisy's spotted all around the cup. I brushed my teeth as I looked in the mirror inspecting my crazy bed hair and pale flushed skin, barely able to open my eyes. To describe my reflection would be easy to say. Rough.

After a dreadful 10 minutes of cold water dripping from my face and finishing it up with some light moisturizer. I made my way to the sounds of voice's downstairs only to be met with the smell of fresh pancakes, my favorite chocolate chip to be exact.

Skipping over to the beautiful blonde, my mother, I snuck in behind her as she was in the middle of flipping a pancake and placed a kiss on her cheek. Seeing her forehead crease as she focused on the pancakes, "Morning mom, whatcha up to"

Her smile brightened as she looked back at me with her raw blue eyes gleaming with joy. My mother has always been a beautiful woman, blessed with soft blonde hair and those matching blue eyes, her aging has only made her more gorgeous. Aging is curse but it's only ever made her more beautiful, her shiny blonde hair was put into a loose ponytail, as she tried to move away the front hairs that seemed to have slipped out.

She lifted her head back up as a soft smile fell onto her lips making the ends of her eyes crinkle.

"Morning Jo, I'm making breakfast right now. In a little bit though I have to leave to go get some groceries for tonight's dinner with the Julia and Christian."

Oh yes, how could I forget what tonight was.

"Oh shit I forgot about that!" She wacked my arm and I jumped away gripping my shoulder in pain.

"Oww mom, what the heck?!" Jeez someone put this woman on a leash or call CPS that'll teach her.

She glanced back up at me with eyes narrowed and her lips pursed slightly.

"Don't curse in my house Josephine"

"Woman you don't gotta beat me because of it" I let out in an exaggerated tone.

Reaching for my arm again as I rubbed it in concern. Wincing in pain she rolled her eyes in return and continued to flip her pancakes over. Shooing me off, I ran out of the kitchen giggling. As I started heading towards the dining room I could hear mom's laughter as I walked away.

I found Jake at the table but he was too focused on his phone with the other person on the other side of the call, he didn't even hear me walk in. I watched as he cleared his throught right before he put on his flirty tone. oh, this will be fun. I leaned against the wall right across from the dinning room table where he sat.

"Charlie, hows it been its Jake."

"....."

His face fell seconds later, but he continued with the same excitement and cleared his throat "Jake, from your math class."

I managed to smother in a laugh, poor kid.

God, you would think having two older brothers might teach this kid how to get girls. Scott and Aiden didn't teach this kid jack-shit.