Chapter 58 - Aurora

I sit with Anne and Gemma backstage at the Late Late show taping, watching the show on the TV on the wall, Harry hasn't come in yet, James is interviewing the cast of a popular TV show, one that I actually watch so I'm quite excited to be watching.

Harry is performing a song first and then going over for an interview. Once James finished with the three actors on the couch he introduces Harry who is singing Watermelon Sugar, unfortunately the leather suit is not in him, but he is in a gorgeous baby blue suit, he looks so handsome. He performs amazingly, of course. Bringing so much energy to the song, the crowd going wild, I love watching him so much.

When he's done he takes a little bow and then makes his way over to the couch, hugging James before he sits down.

"Well well if it isn't Grammy award winner Harry Styles ladies and gentleman!" James grins as the audience erupts again.

Harry chuckles and acts shy, playfully batting at James.

"How's it feel Mr Styles?"

"It feels really good, an honour." He tells James.

"That was quite a performance last night, with the leather, the boa's, the dancing... it really was something." James grins.

"Thank you, that's very kind." Harry smiles and gently slaps James' shoulder, I find it so funny watching them, they're such good friends I know this is all just an act in a way, they already sort of know what's going to be said, they went over the questions earlier before I arrived.

"So, what's next for Mr Harry Styles? You've got albums, movies and now a Grammy under your belt? Can it get any better?"

"I hope so." Harry says with a laugh, "I think I'll go back to writing maybe, get something down for a new album."

James nods, "you like to whole yourself away to write don't you? Where did you write your first two albums?"

"Jamaica and Italy." He tells James, "some bits in Japan, I just like to go away and get things done, just focus on writing and having a good time, relaxing and stuff, I feel like that's when the words really come."

"Where's your next writing retreat then?"

"Ah, but that would be telling." Harry chuckles.

"Australian outback? The Maldives? Hawaii?" James grins.

"All great options." Harry nods, not giving anything away.

"And what about who you'll go with?" James prods.

"My writing friends usually come out first and then my band join me." He says without missing a beat.

"Yeah? Anyone special?"

"Special?" Harry asks, smirking ever so slightly.

"Yeah, you know... a special friend?"

"All my friends are special, James. They're good people, I wouldn't be friends with them otherwise." I giggle to myself, he's so good, we all know what James is getting at, I know what was in the media after last night, everyone wanted to know everything about me, especially after Harry called me his girlfriend in his speech.

"You know what I mean Harold, your lovely girlfriend? I don't think anyone expected that little bombshell in your speech." James says, grinning over at Harry.

"No? I think that's something that has come with being in this industry for so long, and being constantly worried about my relationships, not wanting to flaunt them in fear of the backlash that would come, but...I'm older and I don't want to do that anymore, sneaking around and hiding things can be exhausting, with all the questions and people constantly wanting to know everything, especially about my love life, there's always rumours..." Harry says, sounding so wise and intelligent.

James nods as he listens, "so this is you bringing some public?"

"Not necessarily public, I will never give out an personal details of my relationship, but I also don't want to hide and deny things, I don't want to have to travel places separately, or never be seen in public together, never mind holding hands in public, I just want to be in a normal relationship."

I listen to him and can't help but smile, I love him so much, I never would gave pressured him but I'm so glad he chose to do it this way.

James smiles, "that sounds fair to me, I've known you for a long time, I know the kind of rumours you've endured and you've handled it all with such grace."

I could cry, James is like a big brother to Harry, he's known him from the very start.

Harry nods, "I'd like to think I have, sometimes it's hard, but I'm hoping by being a tiny bit more open that it'll make the media that little bit less relentless, Aurora doesn't deserve the scrutiny we know she'll get, but maybe... people can be a bit kinder."

"I certainly hope so." James says, "can I ask where you met? Or is this our conversation done?"

"No, no... we met a long time ago actually, in her home town, when we were in our late teens, I didn't see her for a long time until a while ago when I reached out, and then... the rest is history so to speak, our history..." he laughs.

James nods, "well I certainly am happy for you, mate. I know your fans are too, some maybe way deep down." James jokes.

Harry laughs and nods, they speak a little about Harry's acting career before the interview wraps up and Harry comes back out to us, I look at him and smile, he looks a little shy.

"Was what I said okay?" He asks coming straight over to me.

I smile up at him and nod, "yes, Harry. Of course." I say and gently peck his lips.

He smiles and hugs me before he hugs his mum and sister, they both know what a big deal this is, they've been through all the media gossip and rumours with him.

I hug him again after, James coming in to join us after he wrapped up the taping, "thanks for doing that mate, it was a great interview. The views are going to be so high, we know that for sure."

Harry smiles and does that cute brotherly half handshake half hug thing, "thanks for always being so great with these things, I would trust any other show to officially put that out there.

James smiles, "I'm really proud of you, and I know you've got something special here. I'm sure we all know that." He says, everyone smiling.

"We do." Harry says and pecks my cheek.