ㅇprologueㅇ

SHE GAZED DOWN AS HER TEARS FELL, SNIFFLES COMING OUT OF HER SHAKING FORM AS SHE AVOIDS THE EYES OF HER ONE TRUE FRIEND.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"I'm sorry," She croaked, voice too broken to utter an understandable sentence.

Yet, he understood.

He always understood her; from her wide unblinking eyes and the beaming smile she adorned on her face every time she was happy, to her refusal to meet anybody's gaze with a weakened shaking form every time she felt utterly miserable.

He stood up from the chair—the chair that every hunter sat on as they await either the greatest or the worst news of their lives, and gathered the now-golden-haired girl in his arms.

"Hey, what are you sorry about?" He gently asked, stroking her back, blinking as he tried very hard to not let the liquid run through his own eyes.

"Are you sorry because I got the lame E-rank and you an S-rank? Are you looking down on me, huh?" He teased, feeling himself vibrate as he forced a chuckle.

The girl in his arms continued to sob, shoulders quivering as she shook her head violently.

"You know I would never do that." She muttered silently.

Both of them knew why this was such an emotional revelation.

Being the 8th S-CLASS hunter of South Korea meant changing their routine lives as she moves in with the guild that recently recruited her, and spend every day of her life training and fighting monsters; this meant no more high school, and consequently, no more Jin Woo.

Of course, declination was always an option. But for an orphaned girl who was currently living on daily wages, and the fact that she was an advocate for being responsible towards own's possessions—no matter what they were, made her choose the only option available: become a hunter.

The boy continued to stroke her back,

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." He started, mouth so close to her ear as he opted to whisper, enclosing them in a world where only they matter, and they exist.

"You can always visit. Jin-ah and I will always wait for you, our home will always welcome you." He pulled away slightly, cradling the girl's crying face into his small hands as he wiped her tears away.

"And I'm going to go on raids too, I'm going to level up so I can catch up to you!" He showed a smile, earning a small one in return.

"And we're going to be together again," He pulled her back into his arms as he placed a kiss on her temple.

"'We're going to be okay.

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

ASDHGAHSDGASHD HERE IT IS OMG!!! cant wait to write bb jin woo T^T