ㅇ하나 001ㅇ

[CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE NOW BECOME A PLAYER]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Jin-woo suddenly woke up, bolting his body upright.

His figure shaking as he took in deep breathes, hands clutched at his chest as he tried to stabilize his breathing.

Was it a dream? He thought, gazing at his surroundings as he internalized that he was inside a hospital.

A little confused and disoriented as he tried to recall the events leading up to his frazzled state.

Then the doors to the pristine white room suddenly opened, revealing two men adorning black suits,  and his childhood friend,

"JIN-WOO!" She immediately shouted, running up to his seated figure as she threw her arms around the skinny boy.

Her figure shaking as a little sob was coming out of her form, Jin-woo confirming that she was crying as he felt droplets of tears fall onto his hospital gown and then his skin.

Jin-woo, although still a little muddled slowly reciprocated the embrace as he placed his hands on the girl's waist. Squeezing tightly as a silent comfort and assurance that he was well, and he was alive.

Feeling her friend's touch, Y/N immediately removed herself from him, roughly wiping her face in the process as she instantly looked over her friend's figure. Eyes wide as she examined every nook and cranny of his body, looking for tall tale signs of any injuries or wounds.

Noticing that there was no mark on his body, and finally confirming that her friend was indeed okay; Y/N figure slumped, head hung low as little sniffles came out of her form.

Jin-Woo was about to touch her, to gather her in his arms and tell her it was going to be okay when the door opened for the second time since he woke up; this time, a man adorned in pink striped suits walked in.

"You finally woke up." He stated, hands in his pockets as he let his eyes wander unto Jin-Woo's form and then fall unto YN's silently sobbing figure.

"You've been asleep for three days; found you unconscious in the dungeon. We had to try very hard to stop Y/N from using her healing abilities when we presumed you were dead." A sudden whimper was heard from the girl the moment the word 'dead' got out of his mouth.

The man's gaze softened as he approached the crying girl as started to pat her head as a source of comfort; his eyes trained on Jin-Woo's still figure.

"You should stop being a hunter kid, or at least take it easy. There are people who care about you who won't hesitate to put themselves in danger for you." He let out a sigh.

"You know, right? You were the first time she tried to retrieve someone from the dead." He continued.

Jin-Woo simply nodded, gaze filled with regret as he looked at his childhood friend.