ㅇ다섯 005ㅇ

Y/N THOUGHT THAT SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE SPOKEN TOO QUICKLY.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

She internalized Jin-Woo was strong, or at least stronger than he was since his recovery—that much was evident by the way he carried himself as he fought the giant monster; but it was still too presumptuous of her to expect that one hunter—even if they were A-B rank, could singlehandedly defeat a large monster.

She watched, worriedly, as Jin-Woo get increasingly tired, his attacks, while fast, weren't getting any critical damage. It was understandable given the type of monster they were facing. For insect-type monsters, the most effective attacks were that of elementals. Their skins were thick, their exoskeleton hindering any opening for blade attacks.

Although all she wants was to intervene and defeat the monster herself, her hand glowing in deep yellow shade—ready to blast and hit the monster; she was afraid, that any miscalculation could hurt her friend instead. And so, she waited, stance in a fighting position as she felt Jin-Ho clutch her shirt in fear—of who, that was debatable.

She, however, finally had the last straw when Jin-Woo was thrown into the wall; her eyes wide in worry as she shouted,

"Jin-Woo!" She braced herself to go forward, but she didn't even have to take a few steps when Jin-Woo suddenly attacked the monster relentlessly again—as if his earlier tiredness disappeared in a blink of an eye. His figure, too fast for the naked eye, opted Y/N to hold back once more; waiting instead for the next opportunity to attack and finally help her friend.

But it seemed like Jin-Woo didn't need it anymore, as he finally got to land critical hits. The monster roaring loudly as its body finally slumped, indicating that it was no longer alive—and was therefore slain.

Jin-Woo approached the frozen duo, with Jin-Ho still hiding behind Y/N's form. Blinking harshly, the golden-haired hunter tried to pry herself away from her earlier trance as she stomped her way into Jin-Woo, "Y-You—!" She stuttered, gaping as words refuse to come out of her mouth shock and worry still very much evident on her face.

Turns out, she was still in a trance. Her mind running with various thoughts and theories of why her friend could suddenly attack like that. She remembered she was there when Jin-Woo got his rank, he was supposed to be an E-rank; so his sudden power, strength, and even spatial magic was something that was definitely out of an E-ranker's league. Just what the heck was going on?

Jin-Woo, noticing her distraught expression, sent out an apologetic smile, "I'll explain later, okay? For now, we have to find a way to get out of here." He ruffled her head as he gently stated, wanting no more than to tell her everything then and there, but now was simply not the time.

The girl, still in her disoriented state, simply nodded, understanding their situation impeccably well. Although, she still did want to help, and so she let her powers be known as her hands glowed yellow with the intention of reviving her friend's HP. However, even before she could touch his arms with her fingers, Jin-Woo suddenly backed away, the action causing the girl to furrow her eyebrows.

"I'm fine, no need to waste your power on me."  He kept his gentle smile, refusing to let the girl's glowing hand touch his figure.

Y/N tried to refute; sure, her friend might now be powerful, but that doesn't mean he's invincible, right? Even her upperclassmen—who were S-rank hunters still used her healing powers even when there was no significant damage to their HP just to release their fatigue and replenish their energy.

"B-But your HP, your fatigue, I can take it away." She tried to convince him, intent on at least helping him take away his tiredness given he already did most of the work she should've done as the only S-rank hunter in the dungeon.