𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

I hate introducing myself to people

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Not because I have social anxiety, but because every time someone tells me to say something interesting about myself I go blank.

I always end up saying something boring like "I have a cat". No one cares that you have a cat, Scarlett!

Ms. Kim makes us all put our chairs in circles in the middle of the classroom. "Okay, who will like to start?"

Soobin almost immediately shoots his hand up in the sky, which makes me give him a murderous stare. Him going first means that I'll have to go second! And he's the only one raising his hand. I'm going to kill him after school today.

"Okay Soobin, you can go." Ms. Kim smiles gently at the boy.

"Hi, I'm Choi Soobin and I was once hit by a car." He gives the class a cheerful look as the rest of us look at him flabbergastered. Especially me. I thought we agreed to never bring that up again!

"O-okay Soobin. Scarlett, you're up."

My body freezes as I look around the classroom and see everyone patiently waiting for me to speak. I feel like I'm rummaging through the landfills of my currently empty brain, searching for anything interesting about me that doesn't make me seem like a nerd or an attention-seeker.

"I-I'm Scarlett Heo and..." I start slightly fidgeting with my fingers. "I'm the person who hit Soobin with a car."

How embarrassing.

Jinsoul lets out a small snicker as I'm reminded of the time last year where I was learning how to drive and accidentally crashed into poor Soobin who was just trying to eat a baguette while crossing the street. He got a concussion and I felt so terrible about it so I turned myself into the police. Luckily, I didn't get a charge but a fine since I was still a learning driver.

Next is a boy in our class named Yeonjun. I don't really know much about him besides the fact that he's close with Soobin. "I see a theme going on with the introductions so... I'm Choi Yeonjun and I filmed Soobin getting hit by a car."

The new students share terrified glances with each other as other students laugh, remembering the memory that most forgot about. The next person is Heejin. She better not say-

"Hi, I'm Jeon Heejin and I was teaching Scarlett how to drive when she hit Soobin with a car," Heejin reveals to the class with a hidden smirk sent towards me. What on Earth have I started?