𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

|| NARRATOR POV ||

|| NARRATOR POV ||

The young boy marched his way into the room and was instantly bombarded with the proud cheers of his fellow classmates.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Sadly for Park Sunghoon, he just couldn't feel the same satisfaction of having a gold medal platted around his neck like the rest of the students. Maybe because he was losing one thing in return for those flashy trophies; his sleep schedule.

He had always been ashamed of it. How could a perfect boy like him have such a humiliating fear? It was ridiculous in his eyes for a teenage boy like himself to have such a silly fear, like sleeping alone.

Like every other night, Sunghoon would spend the time staring at his ceiling. The life drained out of him every time he had to face the dreaded demon who would watch him every time he had sleep paralysis.

His mother had tried everything. Therapy. Antidepressants. Melatonin. But non of the above could stop him from waking up his entire household by his blood-curdling screams at three in the morning.

The one thing that could calm down his nerves is unfortunately the one thing his mother refuses to occur. And that is someone sleeping with him.

A young man sleeping with his mother? How embarrassing! His mother would mock the kid every time he requested a sleeping buddy, which really just made him more insecure about his phobia.

Most of his friends at school stayed unaware of his secret, all except for one person. And of course, it had to be the brilliant Ms. Scarlett Heo.

Scarlett isn't as close to her parents as she wished, but there's still one gene she was given at birth from them, and that is the ability to be able to find out the truth no matter how long it will take.

Both her mother and father are detectives, world-famous ones if I might add. This is why she was given many opportunities as a young child due to their exposure. Be able to study in a foreign country, entering a top school in the nation... It seems that she has it all.

The moment Sunghoon steps foot into the room, Scarlett can almost immediately sense something off about him. She just couldn't put her finger on it. But the way he smiles, the way he walked... Even the way he talked that sunny morning, she could tell there was something about that boy that just wasn't right.

In fact, she's been keeping her eye on him for a while now. Ever since that gym class, the young girl has been monitoring Sunghoon's every moves so she can perfectly plan his demise. And one thing she has picked up on is his habits.

She's been taking notes in her journal and she's pointed down a few things: Every morning he has slight eyebags. He's always yawning in class and how he always acts super fatigue. With a little bit of research, she has pointed down his symptoms into two possible answers.