𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

I run into the classroom, panting for air

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

"Sorry for... Being late." I gasp for air as Hyunjin laughs. "Don't worry, Scarlett. we haven't started practise anyways. Where were you?"

"Yeah, where were you, Scarlett? You're the main vocalist and we can't start to practise without you. Yet, you decided to take 10 minutes of our practice time because of what exactly?" Heejin says from her spot, next to her sat Minseo. Minseo, what is she doing here? I thought we weren't allowed to invite friends to practice.

"What's your problem, Heejin? I was cleaning the classroom because it's my turn to do that today, and you know that." I say to her, pissed. Honestly, I at first thought it was just Heejin having a couple of bad days, but it's been weeks and she still acts like a bitch to me constantly. I'm tired of it.

"Don't yell at Heejin, Scarlett," Soobin tells me as I'm left in shock. In the corner of my eye, I swear I saw Minseo laugh. "Your girlfriend has been acting like a bitch to me for weeks and you have the nerve to tell ME off?" I scoff.

"Guys, let's just please practice, we're already behind and we need to perfect our new song for the school festival." Jinsoul stands between Soobin and me. I sigh before grabbing my mic and going to my spot. "Actually, Scarlett. I was wondering if maybe I could sing for today? I think it would be good for you to take a break since you clearly need one." Heejin says, grabbing the mic from my hand and slightly pushing me away.

"Um, no. We need to practice, and besides, I can't take your spot as a guitarist because I can't play the guitar." I try to grab my mic back but she puts it over her head, impossible for me to reach. "Please, Scarlett? This would make me happy, and besides, Minseo can play the guitar so she can do my guitar parts." Heejin smirks slightly.

Then it hits me. Yeonjun was right, Heejin and Minseo are up to something against me. That explains why suddenly one day Heejin and Minseo became inseparable. Also explains why Heejin has been so mean to me. The problem is, will the rest of my actual friends believe me when I say Heejin is out to get me?

Heejin harshly pushes me onto a desk as I'm forced to watch them practice the song that I wrote and composed. Heejin was an alright singer, nothing special vocally. Minseo was a good guitarist, and the other members clearly thought the same.

"Wait, why is this kind of good? We should make more songs with this combination!" Jinsoul exclaims as everyone agrees. A ping of jealousy shoots through me as I'm left awestruck. How can my closest friends forget about me so easily?

I leave the room quickly and quietly, not that anyone noticed. I open my phone and see a few text messages from Sunghoon. My thumb lingers over the 'call' button as I finally press it, waiting for the other line to answer. "Hello?" I hear Sunghoon's voice say, making me instantly happier.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Walking home after practice, what about you?" He says in return.

"Nothing much... Hey, can we meet?" I say and he hums in return. We agreed to meet at the school since I was already there and he wasn't that far away. After a couple of minutes, I see his silhouette walk towards me. He pulls me into a hug as I drag him to our usual spot at the library.

"So, what's up?" He says as I sigh. I should tell him, it'd be idiotic not to. But at the same time, what if he doesn't believe me? What if he thinks I'm an exaggerated liar who's looking for the worst in Heejin and Minseo? Let's be honest, most people wouldn't believe me considering all the conflict between Heejin and me these days.

"I just wanted to see you..." I grit through my teeth. Usually, I can lie easily. But with Sunghoon, it's different. Like if I lie to him and he finds out he'll never forgive me.

"Listen, we should continue our search as to who is in Loona," Sunghoon says. A sudden feeling emerges in my gut as I start biting my nails. "Oh, Sunghoon. I gotta tell you, I lied about the whole Loona thing..."

He looks confused. "What do you mean?"

I sigh. "Loona is a band formed at our school. When I told you that the band didn't reveal their identities was because I was still mad at you and I wanted to get some sort of revenge by lying to you and making you go through all the trouble. It's stupid, I know."

He stares into the distance, dumbfounded. "Oh, that makes me feel like an idiot. So, who's in Loona? I'm curious."

A smirk appears on my face. "No one special. Just Jinsoul, Heejin, Hyunjin, Olivia and... Me!" I look towards him and his face was even more confused than before. "Wait, you're in Loona? Hah, I don't believe you!"

"I am! I can prove it, too." I say, clearing my throat and starting to sing the opening line in our most famous song 'Shoot Me'. Sunghoon's jaw drops to the floor as I finish off my line. I look up and his eyes were bulging.

"Wait, so- You're the girl singing?" He points toward me, paralyzed in shock. I flip my hair to the sky and giggle. "Wait, so shouldn't you be in practice right now? Because I heard Loona is going to perform at the festival coming up."

My smile fades as I look to the ground, embarrassed to think about it. "I got into a fight with Heejin so I left, it's no big deal..." Sunghoon also comes closer to me, wrapping his right arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry, Scarlett. Heejin and you will make up soon, I can assure it."

I laugh humorously. "I don't think so, Sunghoon. Heejin did something terrible to me, and I won't forgive her, not this time."

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢