Deeper and Deeper

Trinity rolled over in bed and opened her eyes as the morning sun broke through the sliding door to her side yard and into her bedroom loft. She followed the light down to the shape beside herself and exhaled in utter contentment. There may have been a lot of things that happened over the last few days, but the one constant was Leah's need to sneak into her bed during the night.

The first time Leah had, she snuck out of her home where Belle had been keeping her company. She also did the chores while Ruth stayed in bed most days, still sore from the accident, and was giddily at her beck and call. Luckily, Ruth's injuries hadn't been all too severe. She was left with a small scar along her shoulder that would probably always be there to a certain degree and a fractured forearm that still needed a follow up surgery, but was otherwise physically fine. Her emotional state was another story.

She seemed afraid of her own shadow the vast majority of the time and it reminded Trinity of herself when she first met them all. She couldn't blame Ruth, though. Dexter had chased her down on a low lit county road, and then crashed into her when she lost control of her vehicle. She was then stuck there for several hours as the rescue workers tirelessly tried to free her. Dexter had not only given her emotional whiplash that'd probably last for years, but he'd also gotten himself killed. And for what? To get some revenge on Leah? Her friends? To hurt them?

The idea of that man ever getting close to hurting Leah wasn't something that could ever happen, obviously, but still... That thought terrified Trinity.

She scooted closer to Leah and ran her eyes along the scope of her back. Last night when she snuck into her bed -- rather nimbly considering her whole world was black and she could have tripped or fallen along the way -- Trinity scooted over on instinct. Like sharing her bed with Leah was the most natural and pleasing act in the world.

It was, and that she couldn't deny any longer. Everything she did with Leah was natural, flowing, never ceasing the ever growing, peculiar sensation in her chest.

Leah's back was faced to her now and her torso exposed. Her tank top was a few sizes too large and hung loosely over her shoulders, showing quite a bit of the gentle and soft skin that lay beyond. Trinity couldn't resist the urge to reach out and run her knuckles along her spine, smiling when Leah giggled.

This was something else she'd noticed about her.

Not only was Leah capable of just as much as any seeing person, if not more because she imagined the world so differently and so lovely, but because she also giggled in her sleep when given tender caresses. She would eventually squirm and wake up with a boisterous laugh showing her ticklish receptiveness.

As adorable as it had been to wake Leah up that way the last two days, Trinity wanted to enjoy her being in her bed for just a bit longer. Especially if she was meant to leave that evening for her father's birthday tomorrow morning. So, instead of tickling her awake, she pulled herself even closer until her front was flush with Leah's back.

Trinity propped herself up on her hand and elbow and gazed down at her, then began to run her fingers through her dark auburn, wavy locks. She pulled Leah's hair back from her face and ran her fingers along the slight tan she'd gotten from her days in the sun as she fixed the small garden in her yard.

It was dazzling. Everything about Leah was shimmered. Before she knew what she was doing, Trinity dipped her head and kissed along her neck as she ran her fingers along her hair. She moaned and sucked in a sharp breath as Trinity made it to her shoulder and bit down.

She was awake, wasn't she?

Trinity smirked and made her way back up to her ear, whispering into it, "Good morning, gorgeous."