Chapter 22

Danny was sure that he was cursed. Maybe it was a family curse that only seemed to affect him because honestly, his luck was worse than smashing a mirror whilst walking under a ladder and stepping on all the cracks.

He was staring at the faces of his old classmates, each of them with a different look on their faces that Danny couldn't quite decipher. He attempted to simply turn around and walk out the door, back to the football pitch like he had never seen them, but of course, his luck wouldn't allow that. The person who called out his name grabbed the back of his collar and dragged him back into the room full of jocks.

"Hey, Kwan." Danny finally mumbled to the jock dragging him back into the room.

"I'll go get the girls," Dale spoke as he left the room. The rest of them turned to Danny, Dash appeared behind him and pushed him down by his shoulders until he was sitting down on the bench. Soon enough Dale came back followed by Paulina, Star, Valarie and the rest of the cheerleaders who all gasped at the sight of Danny.

"What the hell is going on?" Valarie yelled whilst staring at her old friend.

"That's what we want to know," Kwan replied. The room went silent as Danny scratched the back of his neck until he felt someone thwack the back of his head.

"Ow! What was that for!?" Dash had moved in front of him but was still holding one of his shoulders making sure he wouldn't make a runner.

"What the hell, Fenton! We thought you were dead!" Dash almost shouted in his face.

"That was probably for the best." Star noticed something about Danny. He was acting differently from what they knew him to be like at school, there was an air of silence around him that wasn't there before. Now she didn't like the teen all that much, but all of them had mourned him, his family and his friends, school wasn't the same without the loser trio. But Star would admit that she was worried about him, something had gone incredibly wrong for the teen to completely uproot his life and it wasn't just the death of his family. Star knelt in front of him, his eyes were downcast and had a blank look as he stared at the floor.

"Danny, what happened?" She asked as she hesitantly placed a perfectly manicured hand on his knee.

"He's-" He took a deep breath, debating with himself if he really wanted to tell all the people that ever bullied him what was happening. "He's hunting me." He went against his better judgment.

"Who's hunting you? You're not making sense Fenton." Dash spoke out of frustration, but his tone of voice caused Danny to flinch and some of the girls and a couple of the jocks to glare at him for it.

"Does it have anything to do with the dudes in white lab coat that's been sniffing around town?" Brad asked gently. Danny's head shot up, he hadn't even thought about the guys in white, he was more concerned about Vlad hunting him down. Now there was another hunter involved in the game, that he didn't even know about. He didn't realise his breathing had picked up and his vision was going black, he was hyperventilating. He felt someone sit beside him, they were rubbing circles into his back, trying to calm him down.

"Danny, you need to breathe, ok? Breath with me." Kwan spoke softly. He had taken one of Danny's hands and placed it over his chest, letting the teen feel his heartbeat and help his breath with him. Soon enough Danny had control of his breathing again but looked down to the ground, his cheeks flushed in shame of being seen like that in front of all the A-Lister's. "Hey, it's ok. We've all had panic attacks at one point or another." He hoped he reassured him.

"I didn't-" He took a deep breath, "I didn't think- realise- I didn't consider the guys in white to- I forgot about them."

"Who's the guys in white?" Dash asked as he sat down on the other side of Danny. It felt a bit odd to be in the middle of a jock sandwich.