Chapter 7

The First thing Danny registered was the ache in his head that reminded him of construction workers drilling through concrete without taking a break from their work. Then when he opened his eyes, he saw white, and he started to panic.

The ceiling was pure white; the sheets laying on top of him were pure white. His breathing was picking up; everything was white, when did they get a hold of him? Then the logical side of his brain kicked in, telling him he couldn't be with there, he was last with the Justice League helping out the young sidekick team. The Flash. The Flash said he was taking him to a med bay?

"Whoa kid," He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder pushing him to lie back down. He hadn't even realised that in his panic that he was trying to get up, it was probably his flight or fight instincts kicking in. He turned the person pushing him down, "you just woke up, don't want you pushing it."

"Flash?" His voice was croaky and dry. He must have been asleep for a while for his throat to dry up; it also lacked Phantom's echo-y-ness, he must be Danny right now. That caused another set of panic to wash over him, did the whole League Know who Phantom was now?

"That's right, bud, but you can call me Barry," The Flash took off his headgear revealing soft blonde locks of hair and soft blue eyes, "you don't have to worry, I'm the only one that's seen you like this."

"Why?" Danny asked genuinely curious why he hadn't told the other member of the League who this powerful kid was... is. Is, he's still alive. Mostly.

"We all deserve to have a secret identity; if we want to keep it, I'm not just gonna take that away from you. Now are you going to tell me your name or shall I keep calling you, kid?" Barry asked, placing the headgear to a side and lent on the med bay bed.

"Danny, my names Danny." He smiled. If it was the Flash keeping his secret, then he didn't mind too much. He had proven himself enough with not letting anyone else into the room.

"Right, Danny. If you're feeling up to it Bat's wants a mission report from us, he also wants to talk to you about something he wouldn't tell me about, dang secretive Bats." The last part was said under his breath, but Danny heard it none the less. It brought a smile to his face; Barry wasn't treating him any less from when they had met. Which was an accident, mind you. He had gotten lost and somehow ended up in Amity, he had found Phantom pretty easily to ask for directions, then he heard the Flash's stomach rubble and had to treat the speedster to a nasty burger. The rest was history.

Danny nodded and sat up this time with Barry's help. After getting the boy back on his feet without any chances of him falling over again, Barry put back on his red headgear and waited for Danny's decision on either staying ass Danny or changing into Phantom.

"I'm going ghost." He whispered under his breath. Two glowing rings travelled up and down his body, turning Danny into his other half.

"Well, that's more useful than having to go home and change into a costume every time." This caused Phantom to chuckle. The Flash slung an arm around his shoulder and led them out of the med bay; Phantom allowed him to do this. "Yo Bats!"

The Flash called, and Batman instantly turned around halting the report he was receiving from Black Canary and Green Arrow.

"Flash, Phantom, good timing, would you care to join us?" Batman gestured to the other League members and the Young Justice League members lounging in the living room whilst they each giving reports. All of them exhausted from the day to do anything more like going into a meeting room, for instance.

Both of them head to the living room area, Flash joining Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, that was definitely Hal Jordan, on the large sofa taking Green Arrows seat. It was the five-second rule, after all.

"Phantom, it's best that I speak to you privately." Batman didn't wait for Phantom to respond before he walked. He was sure it was a walk, but you couldn't actually see his legs move, maybe he glided? Now Phantom was imagining The Batman wearing heelies... It would explain so much.

The other teen all sent curious looks to the white-haired boy, which, that they've only just noticed, was slightly floating above the ground. Phantom diligently followed Batman into the other room and as soon as he was inside the door shut behind him.

"You wanted to talk, Mr Batman, sir?" Phantom was totally not nervous.

"You can calm down Phantom, I'm not going to bite your head off," he relaxed just a bit at that, knowing that he hadn't done anything wrong and he wasn't going to be yelled at. "The other members of the League and I have been discussing the Team. We would like you to join."

Holy shoot. Phantom swore that his brain short-circuited for a moment, THE Batman wanted him, Phantom, on the Young Justice Team. "Erm, y-you want me?"

"I don't see anyone else in the room with us, so yes, you."

"This isn't a joke?" Phantom asked.

"I do not joke," Batman patiently replied, "if you like you can come and go as you please, just make sure you are here for training and missions, we'll also assign you your own room in Mount Justice, so you can stay here whenever you like."

"I-I, I don't know." Phantom stuttered out. He would love to join, but his thoughts wandered to Felix, Jenny and the other kids. He was worried that they had been injured during the vine attack.

"We'll do a trial run, and if you like it, you can stay, if not, you are free to leave." Batman was putting out all the tricks up his sleeve. He could see the untrained potential in Phantom, with a good mentor and support from his teammates he could flourish as a hero. Phantom meekly nodded in response. It was a huge contrast to his personality earlier; he was so sure of himself, ready to throw himself into danger. Now he was unsure of where he stood and didn't know what to expect. "Excellent, let's introduce you to the team."

Again, Phantom nodded and followed Batman out of the room. The League member has left by now, all of them gave their reports earlier and then filing out to help clean up what had been destroyed. The only one left other than Batman was the Flash and Black Canary. The Flash was fussing over his nephew and his broken arm that was now in a cast and sling, while Black Canary was keeping an eye on the kids.

"Team." All of them turned to Batman as he spoke, even the Flash stopped fussing his nephew, "this is Phantom, he'll be joining the team." Then the room went vibrant with voices. Batman took the chance to slip out, calling after Robin who followed him out. The only reason any of them noticed they were gone was from the Zeta Tube voice announcing their departure.

"This is why we need dance fighting,"Wally muttered as he shook his head.