Chapter 23 - A session with Black Canary

The room was oddly green. Most of the furniture was green including the two green arm chairs that was facing each other, wooden oak side tables were on either side of the arms. The walls were either painted a deep green or completely black, where windows weren't visible. And Phantom noticed the room smelt strangely of cheese. Wally must have been in here before him.

Black Canary was sat in front of him, her mouth was opening with word coming out of it but he couldn't focus on anything she was saying. Her voiced sounded muffled to him, like they were underwater.

"-tom? Phantom?" And suddenly he could hear her voice with perfect clarity again. He snapped his gaze to the heroine with his head slightly tilted. "You didn't hear a word I just said, did you?" The only response he got was a nonchalant shrug. She sighed and started to rub the headache that was coming out of her temples.

"Can I go now?" He asked as he eyed the glass doors to his right.

"We've still got half an hour left of this session." She stated as she looked at the clock on the wall.

"Is that a no?" All she did in response was raise a single eyebrow. Phantom sighed in defeat and flopped back into his chair, resting his head on the back of it. "What do you want out of me? I'm not gonna tell my inner most darkest feelings and desires."

"Then what do you want to tell me?" She asked as she crossed a leg over the other and rested her hands on one knee.

"I don't want to tell you anything." He responded.

"I understand, from M'gann, that there's a Halloween party happening at Happy Harbour high school in a few days. M'gann's invited all the team."

"Yeah, so?"

"Are you thinking of going?" She asked as she leant forward, trying to gauge a reaction from the teen.

"No, I've got plans." He was in fact going but as Danny, not Phantom. M'gann made it clear to him that she expected to she him there, besides he had lost a bet to Peter and had his costume waiting for him. If you could call that monstrosity a costume.

"I see, anything special?"

"It's Halloween, the supernatural's favourite time of the year." At least he wasn't lying. John had also invited him to join him at the biggest supernatural party of the year, he would be joining John after the high school party.

"Right, and with you being a ghost..." She sated like she had forgotten that the teen in front of her was also dead - sort of.

"Spirit, apparition, spook, ghoul, yeah there's plenty of names for me. Though I commonly go by Phantom." Canary sighed at the pun. It was on par with the Flash's puns. She took a quick glance at the clock, only five minutes had gone by.

"I suppose we could finish the session here. But if you ever want to create another session-" He was out of the room before she could even finish her sentence. He had phased through the door in his desperate attempt to get away. Black Canary sighed once again, that was becoming a habit of hers now around those teens, she was sure she was getting grey hairs because of them.

Through the whole session Phantom gave nothing away, his body language showed disinterest, his voice was almost monotone. It seemed he had practice with suppressing his emotions when he wanted or needed to and to Canary that was alarming in more ways than one. But he wouldn't talk to her, how could she gain his trust for him to talk to her? Phantom was a puzzle to her, but if he didn't want to talk to her she wasn't going to push him. All she could do was give the teen his space and let him come to her.