Chapter 32

The team were in the middle of planning when Captain Marvel and John Constantine disappeared. They had all decided to work through the night to figure out the best course of action to get Danny away from his so-called guardian.

One moment John was swearing up a storm, trying to see how many kinds of guns Chas needed to bring, then suddenly Mount Justice was silent.

"Did they just portal away or something?" Wally asked as he stared at the now empty spots on the couch.

"No, we would have noticed if one of them opened a portal, they glow you know." Robin piped in. He had his holo computer up, he was pulling up security footage and creating files that could incriminate Masters so they could take Danny away with fewer repercussions. Though that was now abandoned as he was staring at the spot the adults were standing in.

"They didn't leave, I didn't hear any footsteps." Connor stood from his seat and stalked over to the kitchen.

"If they didn't leave or portal away, and I'm assuming that they didn't spontaneously turn invisible, so, what happened?" Wally muttered as he started speed pacing whilst eating a bag of chips.

"Now that's the question of the hour." A voice echoed throughout the mountain. A small purple flame flickered to life in the middle of the lounge, above the coffee table. The blue flame started to move to form a large circle, casting the spell for a simple portal. A teen stepped out, landing on the coffee table.

"Oh, hey Zatarra, haven't seen you since Halloween, how have you been?" Artemis stood up holding out her hand to the other girl to help her down from the table. She gladly took it as she stepped down.

"I was doing great, Dad was teaching me some new spells, then suddenly he disappeared and it seems you lot have had a similar problem."

"Yeah, Captain Marvel and Constantine kinda just disappeared out of nowhere." Wally stopped his pacing.

"I have a theory then, I believe all the adults have disappeared," Zatarra tapped her chin in thought. "It would take a lot of powerful magic to do that."

_________________________

"Where 'ave the kids gone?" John almost yelled. He had just gotten off the phone with Chas assuring him that ten different types of guns and at least twelve different lots of ammunition, including rock salt, would be enough to take on a certain fruitloop. He had turned around and the teenagers were gone.

"That's what I was just about to ask you." Captain Marvel was scratching the back of his head. Suddenly the zeta tubes all came to life, heroes from different cities all filing into the mountain. The Flash quickly zipped over the mountain and came to stand next to Marvel.

"Cap, where are the kids?" Flash then realised that Marvel was not alone and took a quick glance at the Brit before looking back at the mightiest mortal, "And why is Constantine here?"

"We were planning a murder with the kids."

"We. Were. Not! John, I mean this in the best way, but please don't open your mouth from now on." John simply shrugs and pulls out a cigarette from his coat pocket. Marvel sighed, John on his own was fine, but with the other heroes that he liked the wind up would cause the biggest of headaches. "We weren't planning a murder, we were planning a kidnap with the kids." Jhon almost chokes on his cigarette, Flash seems to stumble of on nothing, and the rest of the heroes shot him looks of concern, astonishment and in Batman's case, the bat-glare.

"Like that's any better, Cap," John mumbled as he lit the cigarette.

"Why pray tell, were you planning a kidnap?" Black Canary asked as she walked further into the room.

"My brother is in trouble, so the team, John, Chas and Zed are gonna help me get him out of it." The rest of the league were listening in, they didn't know much about their resident mightiest mortal, so any information they gave them was like listening to a well-kept secret.

"You have a brother?" Flash asked as Superman floated over.

"Well, yeah, he's not blood-related but he's as good as, and John sees him as a nephew."

"Blasphemy, don't share my secrets, you twerp."

"So, not to just change the subject or anything, but why is the whole league here?" Cap asked as some of the league had gotten up the holo globe and looked like they were searching for something.

"The kids are missing," Batman replied as he stared at the globe.

"No shit Sherlock, they were here helping us one moment, next thing we know they're gone." John kept piping in even though Cap had politely told him to shut up.

"Not just the team, everyone under the age of eighteen has disappeared and we have yet to figure out why, I believe it may be magic related," Batman spoke as he glared at the globe.

"You're right, it is related to magic." A voice echoed around the mountain. A large blue flame appeared next to the holo globe and circled in the air, opening a portal big enough for Giovanni Zatara to step through.

"Oh fuck off you glorified show pony, you're 'magic' tricks you show off in Las Vagas ain't gonna be enough for this."

"Nice to see you again Constantine, still haven't washed you're mouth out with soap it seems."

"Gentlemen, we have more pressing issues than you're petty quarrel," Manhunter interrupted, the two magic users instantly quietened down but still continued to glare at each other. "Do either of you know what is behind this attack since it is apparently magic related?"

"All I gathered was that a separate plane of existence was created to separate the adults from the children, it is powerful magic and would most likely need several strong users for the spell to even work," Zatara explained.

John scoffed, "Shows what you know, Klarion probably got into another fight with his uncle and decided to throw a tantrum, dragged other mediocre casters into his plan just to piss his uncle off."

"It does seem like something the boy would do, Klarion has an uncle?" Zatara asked after a pause.

"Well yeah, they're not blood-related, but he turned his parents into mice, so someone has to look after the brat." John offered no other explanation despite everyone's questioning glances.

"If he's still casting the spell then we might be able to locate the source of the magic signature, we could get Klarion's exact location." Cap piped up he head tilted down and a hand on his chin, deep in thought.

_____________________

"How did you even get in? I thought Vlad ghost proofed the whole mansion." Danny asked Pointdexter who was looking at the window in fascination.

"He has, but he forgot to switch off his portal in the basement, I got in through that."

"Also, what do you mean all the adults have disappeared? How is that possible?"

"How am I supposed to know, all I know is everyone was gone 'cept Youngblood, Ember, Kitty, Dora and myself. So, since Vlad isn't here I'm going to go."

"Wait-" Before Danny could finish Pointdexter floated through the floor, leaving the teen completely alone.

"Ok, I can do this, I just need to get out of this place and head to Mount Justice, the guys will know what's going on... hopefully."