Chapter 35 - Misplaced part 3

When Phantom finally got to Roanoke Island he floated high above the magic circle and watched as Klarion siked a giant ginger saber-toothed cat on Superboy as it swatted him around with its large paws.

It happened almost too fast for Phantom to keep up for his sleep-deprived brain. Suddenly Klarion slumped forward slightly as it looked like electricity ran to the now glowing crystal in the middle of the magic circle. The mage spoke something that Phantom was too far away to hear and sent the electricity out to attack the team. It hit Artemis, Robin and Aqualad in the chest. But somehow, Phantom will not admit that he was impressed, Aqualad redirected the electricity that hit him and blocked the attack with his water-bearers. Did Phantom also mention that Aqualad was glowing and looked completely badass while he was glowing? No? Then he really should.

Phantom thought that it was about time that he made his appearance now that Robin and Artemis were out of commission. He floated down just as Aqualad went down and Kid Flash was batted away with the lightning. Then he saw a girl that he recognised from Halloween night. He let her do her thing, now he had to talk to Klarion and get him to stop bombarding their team's leader with electricity.

"Hey, Klarion." Phantom tried to yell but as he was getting tired it sounded more like 'ey, Karon'. Klarion whipped his head around to view the ghostly teen but didn't lighten his attack on Aqualad.

"Did you just call me a Karen, Phantom? Rude. I thought we were buddies." The mage remarked with mirth in his smirk.

"Sorry, didn't mean to." Phantom all but slurred out between a yawn.

"You look like shit." In Phantom's peripheral vision he saw Billy appear away from them, he opened his mouth like he was about to shout something to the team but Miss Martain quickly covered his mouth. 'They must be having a mind conversation,' Phantom thought bitterly, he hated that horrible mind link.

"Feel like shit, though I do have to thank you, so, thanks, I guess," Phantom mumbled as he floated down to the ground.

"You can just repay me with a date, but why do I have your thanks?" Klarion asked, his attack on Aqualad hadn't let up even a fraction as he spoke.

"If you hadn't done the whole separate worlds thing I wouldn't have escaped."

"Escaped? Phantom, were you in danger?" Klarion asked with genuine worry for his friend. Yes, friend. Klarion doesn't just flirt with anyone.

"Well, yeah," it turns out Phantom had no filter when he was borderline exhausted, "fruitloop trapped me in his house and put a power suppressor on me, it's why I'm so tired now." Yep, tired Phantom had no filter.

Suddenly there was a flash of golden light coming from behind them, turning around Zatanna had put on a golden helmet that had completely changed her look.

"We will talk about the whole fruitloop thing later, right now, I need to focus on Dr Fate," Klarion whispered to Phantom. He noticed Billy and Miss Martian looking at each other, he shuddered, 'mind link'.

"Shazam," Billy called and in a flash of lightning, he was gone.

"Klarion!" Dr Fate's voice boomed, "this ends now!" The forcefield around Klarion and the magic circle seemed to glow ever so slightly. The electric attack on Aqualad finally let up as Phantom rushed over to check on the unconscious leader. Now with both hands free, Klarion shot two beams of red magic whilst Dr Fate shot back a powerful beam of bright gold magic. Both of the magic beams collided midair, reminding Phantom of that one scene in Harry Potter, and started the fight for power.

Klarion summoned balls of red lightning magic and threw them at Dr Fate over and over again. Dr Fate who was flying around in the air simply manoeuvred themself so the balls shouldn't land on them, but when they got too close they exploded. Phantom heard Aqualad take a deep breath from beside him.