Chapter 36

Time flowed quickly with great plans, the Chang family living room was soon turned into the siege of two enthusiastic females.

"It has to be you, aunty!." Chang Ying squeezed her hand.

"But..."

Wu Meng raised her hand, cutting off Aunt Meng's words. "It can't be me, I'm not good with that gentle persuasion and diplomacy stuff. If I go, people will think I am a highway robber who retired and is forcing them to buy goods"

"It can't be me either." Chang Ying chirped with a sad pout. "Look at my small age, I just graduated. I'm too young, which of those old men will respect anything I say? We need an older, mature representative."

"Yes," Chang Ying followed up immediately the last word fell from Wu Meng's mouth. "Aunt Meng, you have owned your own tailor shop for years. The employees' wives even come to you for embroidered qipaos."

"I agree, you even made the wedding dress for the daughter-in-law of one of the executives two years ago," Wu Meng chimed in.

"Aunt, you have practically built the business resume for this moment!"

The mother and daughter kept layering their combo attack on Aunt Meng.

Poor Aunt Meng's shivered and shrunk away from the two females, her eyes darting between the two. She had not been able to edge in a word for herself since this mother-daughter pair cornered her, tag-teaming her like boxers in a ring.

"Alright, I'll do it!" she finally gave in.

Wu Meng and Chang Ying looked at each other and grinned.

Aunt Wang sighed weakly. "This child, you look very meek like your father but your really got your mother's mouth. Just look at your family teamwork. I came to you for help, now I'm doing all the work."

Chang Ying hid half her face behind her hands. Her eyes, wide as a doe, peering out above her fingers as it blinked a few times with faux innocence. "Aunty, I didn't do anything bad."

Aunt Wang lightly huffed, then smiled. "Naughty girl, but it was a good idea you came up with."

Chang Ying indeed had an idea.

The young, romantic Chang Ying, at this age in her past life, would have no inkling of how to sell these sneakers even if heaven gifted her 81 thunderbolts of enlightenment. But the current Chang Ying had experienced the highs and lows of the outside. It did not take a big brain to sell goods, just quick mind to zone in on possible opportunities.

Chang Ying shrugged. "The government schools have interschool sports competitions. I know for sure that each school's sport administrator will try to get their athletes to buy the same gear for uniformity. I just thought we could take advantage of it and use my family's connection to talk to those people. As long as the price is reasonable and the quality is high, they won't refuse to recommend their school participants to buy from us. The best part is, we are only recommending our quality goods which can improve their performance. We are not asking for a contract to supply them sneakers. This way, we don't even need to be have registered company for that."

Aunt Wang was still stunned by Chang Ying's daring idea. Initially, she had come so Wu Meng would secretly sell some goods under the table and make small profit. But this child was daring, ba!

Chang Ying directly suggested they bring their business to the school administrators themselves. Was this not trying to get a business deal with a state owned enterprise? What was the difference between supplying and recommending to their athletes?

Aunt Meng felt her head spin from the idea. They were all ordinary, very ordinary, citizens. She fanned her face with her hand and looked between the self-satisfied mother and daughter.