Chapter 16

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
To the most special person in the world, you, Merry
Christmas

💝💝💝💝💝
Chang Ying sat in her tiny mud home. Annoying as Lu Chen was, she was still very excited about the idea of producing a soft drink that would be considered a bit novel in the era.

Of all the homemade products she could make, only the soft drink formula was useful. Things like soaps, antiseptic, creams and such already had big factories producing these items. Plus, her formulas made only basic products with no special qualities. It would be a wasted effort to try to repeat the same feat she did with the soft drink recipe with those formulas.

She found a paper and pen from her thing in her trunk-box. Then she carefully began to recall and list out all the things she would need to prepare the soft drink syrup.

Just as she finished the list, Lu Chen came in.

Chang Ying completely regarded his existence as air and ignored him.

Lu Chen stood behind her and cleared his throat. Chang Ying stood up, but when he thought she would turn around and face him, she brushed past him and walked outside. Lu Chen hesitated for a second, then he briskly followed her.

Chang Ying went to the kitchen, ignoring the thin air that was tagging along behind her. Fortunately, that fellow she was currently ignoring did not follow her into the kitchen. She looked around at the pots, bowls and other utensils to see if she could work with them.

It took a while but after calculating in her head, Chang Ying concluded that even without an electric blender and a few other conveniences, she could still get things done with the labour-inensive alternatives in the old kitchen.

After confirming everything, she left the kitchen. Who knew once she stepped out of the doorway, she bumped into Lu Chen who had been patiently waiting all this while.

Chang Ying reacted quickly and turned around, but before she could take a step away from him, his arms encircled her body. The curves of her soft body was barely a breath away from the hard lines of his. Like this, he was in a way, hugging her from behind.

Chang Ying huffed and pouted angrily as she started to struggle to break free. "Lu Chen, let me go! You hear me? Let me go!"

Unfortunately, Lu Chen had no intention of letting her go. His arms encircled her, steady as steel vices.

Seeing she was still putting up some resistance and not letting up, he sighed after awhile and said, "Still struggling? If people sees us they might think I'm a bad man kidnapping you."

"Aren't you bad? I don't want you to hold me but you are forcing yourself on me. You might as well be a kidnapper."

Lu Chen loosened his arms and ran his fingers up and down her arms gently coaxing her. Behind her, his eyes squinted victoriously like a cat as he watched his wife slowly calm down.

He leaned closer and his pale pink lips parted next to her ear. His warm breath tingled her earlobe as he said, "What about now?"

Chang Ying nearly shivered as she felt a shudder run down her spine as his breath caressed her sensitive earlobe. "You...whatever, I don't care!"

She turned her head and craned her neck away from him, defiantly.

“Are you still angry?”

"What do you think?" she snapped.

"I am sorry." He whispered next to her ear. "Just now, I asked questions to know more. I didn't mean to doubt your abilities or say you were inferior to Feifei or anyone else."