Chapter Six

Cassandra

"Yeah! I was like, 'Oh my gosh! Is it possible?' And she was like this." I made a face, and we both laughed. I could hardly breathe from the ridiculousness.

Flynn took my bag, and then he carried it. I was shocked by his action, but I just let it go and continued walking. I met him during lunch with my friends, and now here we are. My friends left me with Flynn, and each of them had a reason to leave just the two of us. I’m not stupid for not getting what they’re thinking. I just rolled my eyes at them. It's good and fun to talk with him. He's just a new student here, having moved because of his father's business.

"It's a fun story between you and your friends. You know what? You're lucky to have them. They're nice."

"Yeah, lucky indeed."

"Uhm... Cassandra. Can I invite you to dinner?"

I stopped walking and immediately turned to Flynn. Is he really inviting me? Like on a date? But we just met, and he wants to date me right away.

"I'm afraid she's not," a deep and thick voice interrupted us from silence. I turned around and found Nicolas there with dark eyes, glaring at Flynn.

What is he doing here? I looked around, and I wasn't mistaken. Almost all the students were looking at us. Shit. This is not good.

"Inviting my fiancée to dinner? Mind if I join? After all, I'm his fiancé," he said, stressing the fiancée and fiancé.

I looked at Flynn. He was also looking at me. "I'm sorry. I'm just inviting her as a friend. Nothing more," Flynn said softly as he bowed.

Nicolas approached him. He was so close, and he whispered something to him that made Flynn suddenly back away, his eyes widening. Nicolas touched Flynn's shoulder, and I could clearly see how he pressed it, confirmed when Flynn winced.

I grabbed Nicolas' arm. He turned to me. "Let's go."

He smiled at me once and turned to Flynn. We were about to leave, but he suddenly turned back to Flynn. "By the way, nice meeting you, Mr. Hayes. Just remember what I told you, and we're good." After he said that, his fake smile disappeared, returning to seriousness. He pulled me to his car. I immediately went inside. I looked at the man in the driver's seat; he even bowed to me. Nicolas slammed the door and then fastened his seatbelt. I also fastened my seatbelt out of fear.

"Next time I see you with another man, you'll see who I am. Keep that in your little brain."

"I'm sorry. Flynn is a good man, and he's my friend."

"Bullshit!" I felt like I was being lifted from the seat when he yelled.

"Alfred, to the mansion," the man in the driver's seat immediately complied.

My chest was pounding hard as I was inside the car. We are going to their mansion. I didn't understand, but I just sat silently. I thought it was still tonight, so I was really surprised to see him earlier at the university.

"When I see you again with that crummy boy, he won't see the sunshine after."

I was even more nervous when I heard his cold voice. I looked ahead when the driver suddenly laughed. "Shut up, Alfred," he growled.

"Sorry," Alfred said, still grinning.

I looked back and forth between the two of them. Maybe these two are friends. "Won't you introduce me to Ma'am?" Alfred asked.

I looked at Nicolas. He looked angrily at him. "Are you interested in her?"

"No, I just want to meet the woman who captivated your wandering heart," Alfred said, then laughed.

"Cut it out, Alfred. It's not funny."

"Okay, okay."

I just sat on the side, listening to them talking about business. About a few minutes passed before Nicolas shouted again. "What the hell are you wearing?!" I immediately looked at him and then at what I was wearing.

What about what I'm wearing? I'm just wearing a skirt and a blouse. What's wrong with that?

"Clothes?" My answer and tone are just as if I'm not sure of my answer.

"You went to the university with those clothes?" I nodded.

"I should call the chairman of that university to ban that kind of clothing. It's not even clothing," I stared at him, unable to believe what he said. "I don't want to see you wearing that next time. Wear pants or whatever as long as it's long. If you don't follow me, I'll punish you. And I'm sure you will not like it. I'm not a saint nor an angel, kitten. I'm evil. Got it?" I nodded again in fear. I no longer knew what to do. Was my decision to marry him still the right one? We weren't even married, but I felt like I was locked up in his and would never be free.

__________

Sorry for being a slow....just busy for the next semester😊