Chapter Twenty-Three

Cassandra

"Long time no see, Sandra."

My whole body trembled. It's been almost 3 years. I thought we would never meet again but he is here now in front of me. This is not good.

Fabio is one of my classmates back then. A stalker. He kicked out from our school because of stalking me. He's dangerous and obssessed of me. He trespassed our house just to see me. Following me where ever I am. Dad put him behind bars and from that day I thought I will never see him again. But fate doesn't on my side. He's in front of me now. But the most I'm scared about if Daniel suddenly showed up.

"How are you Sandra? Why are you here in Italy?" His grin still lingered on his lips. "You look so beautiful Sandra. You became the most attractive woman I've ever seen. Just look at your face, my baby. We meet again baby."

"Stop it Fabio. You know my Dad."

"Oh baby. I don't care about your father. I changed now. I'm perfect now Sandra. We can be together. You know how I loved you and I still love you Sandra. You're my life. I changed for you. I looked for you for over 2 years. I missed you. "

I was stunned by what he said. My fear is coming back.

He immediately took my hand on the table and held it. I tried to take back my hand but Fabio gripped it tightly. "Let go Fabio."

"Sandra. I love you and I always do."

I saw that the eyes of the customers were already on us. I don't want to make a scene here especially I'm not from here.

"Fabio please. Let me go you're hurting me." My voice trembled as I felt pity.

"No. You will leave me again if I do that."

"Stop it Fabio! I'm married now." Then he stopped. His hands lossened the grip and I immediately take my hand back. He looked at me dumbfounded.

I got up from my seat and left the cafè. I looked back if he's following me and I sighed in relief when I didn't see him. I continued walking until I stopped when a black van stopped in front of me. Two men emerged from the van and took both my hands and forced me. Pushing me inside the vehicle.

"Let me go! Help! He-"

A man cupped my mouth to stop me from screaming. They blindfolded me and tied my hands. I want to cry but I'm holding back. I'm getting discouraged. But I didn’t expect when I felt the van we were riding rose up and swishing sound of cars.

I was overwhelmed with fear. I could see nothing and my two hands were still tied. My body lifted and the last thing I felt was that I hit something hard and I completely lost consciousness.

****

I woke up because of the noise around. The first thing I saw was the white ceiling and the IV on the side. I sat up from the bed but I lost my senses when it suddenly hurt. It was only then that I felt something wrapped around my head.

I hate the smell of alcohol and I hate hospital.

The door opened and Nicolas entered. His eyes was dark and his eyebrows were almost furrowed.

"Why the fuck did you leave my office?!" He roared.

Seriously?! Won't he just ask me if I'm okay, scolding right away? Well, what else can I expect from him. That’s where he’s good at. To scold me like a child.

"I'm asking you Cassandra?"

"I'm just bored there so I left. And then there was-" I stopped. Do I need to tell him? Of course he knows that his girlfriend was there.

"Who?"

I looked at him. His irritability and anger have not changed. Why does he treat me like this? I am no longer young to scold me in a way that I feel like I am only five years old.

"Wait 'till we get home. I'll punish you." He turned and was about to open the door when I spoke.

"Why are you treating me like a child? I'll remind you that I'm your wife. Your wife is not a child. I hope you treat me as your wife."

He turned to face me. "Do you want me to treat you as a wife? Maybe you forgot Cassandra, you're just my wife on paper. Just follow all my orders so we don't have a problem but if you don't want to then you're welcome to return your family and deal your father's enemies."

"It's not like that. I want to move freely."

"You're free to move Cassandra there's no chain tied to you that you can't move."

"It's not what I mean. I want to go to other places. Like visit the Cathedral and some places here in Italy. I don't want to be locked up in that mansion. I want to feel like this is a vacation but what did you do, you're always locking me up to that room. And that fucking rules of yours. May I remind you, I'm not one of your men. I'm your wife."

Nicolas just stared at me. Not a word came out of his mouth until he left the room. I took a deep breath. "My gosh! Did I say those words? Really? Now, I'm really doom. Shit! I hate myself."

I was startled when the door suddenly opened and Alfred entered. Rushing to my side. "How are you? Are you in pain? Is your head okay? Is it okay-"

"Hey Alfred, I'm okay." He stopped. And I didn’t expect him to suddenly hug me.

_________________

Is it just me or there is something with Alfred?

So far, who's your favorite character?

Hahaha. Vote and comment guys.