Chapter Thirty-Two

Cassandra

When I woke up in the morning my eyes were swollen. I shed almost all my tears. Because of the fact that Nicolas and I have no chance to be together. First I met Fiona who's Nicolas' girlfriend and now it's Elise who's Nicolas first love.

I also wondered, why should I rely on Nicolas when he doesn't do anything to save me.

Of course he doesn't care about me. And to think of it, I should move on and from now on I will work out a way for me to get out of this place.

So forgive me Nicolas for what I'm going to do.

I just put on a little make up to cover my puffy eyes.

When I got to the kitchen I immediately heard shouting.

I saw Daniel standing in front of Arturo. Arturo kept bowing his head as if he kept saying sorry for every words that Daniel throwing to him.

"I told you that all the bosses of La Familia should be on our side!" Daniel shouted.

"I made it. Almost all the bosses are on our side. Only the head boss is on Nicolas' side. They can't do anything if we have the majority. Nicolas can't match you. You don't have to worry about that thing. Leave it to me. "

They are planning something bad against Nicolas again.

I go straight to them. They stopped talking when they saw me. I raised an eyebrow and went straight to the counter and poured water. They were both still looking at me.

"Good morning." I greeted before gulping down the water without taking my eyes off them. Daniel frowned.

I slowly returned the glass to its container before heading to where they were. On the table in front of them were scattered papers.

I picked one. I saw what's written on that paper.

"You're plotting against them?" I asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Arturo asked.

I looked at him badly. "What's your plan? Enter the building and steal the data where all the lists of La Familia bosses are? You can't do that. Nicolas is very careful with those things. Even if you get their side whatever you do you can't do anything to take down the De Luca. The head is still on Nicolas' side. He's a Russian, right? "

"How did you know about that thing?" Arturo asked.

"I entered Nicolas' office when we were in Milan and I accidentally saw the papers on his desk. I still don't know what he was. When I saw those papers I had suspicion until I saw you there." I looked at Arturo. " I also heard them talking about guns. " I turned to Daniel.

"I'll help you but on one condition." Thirr eyebrows rose. "It's just a condition Daniel."

"Speak."

"Let go of Elise."

Daniel laughed. "Do you hear what you're saying, Cassandra? You want me to let go Elise?"

"Yes." I say seriously.

His laugh turned into serious and then nodded slowly.

"Fine. But how can we be sure that you will help us?"

I looked at Arturo. "Just watch me." Arturo looked at Daniel who was staring at me.

He nodded. "Okay. I'll let you do whatever you plan. I'll release Elise if that's what you want. Are you really sure about your plan you might just get hurt."

"When I'm get killed, just prepare yourself. I'm not like you who are good when it comes to the Mafia but give me a chance so that my plan can work."

"Okay. You're the boss." Then he approached me and immediately wrapped both arms around my waist. He kissed me on the hair. I closed my eyes. Trying to restrain myself from punching and kicking this asshole.

My heart is beating fast. I was nervous because I could be hurt or worst be killed in the process by my plan. I can die at any time.

"This you'll remember Apple. When you don't do what we want I won't hesitate to kill you for where you stand, do we understand each other?" I nodded slowly.

I just breathed a sigh of relief when I got to my room. Actually I don’t really have a plan yet. All I needed to do was get out of here. It wasn't my intention to tell them what I saw on Nicolas' office but I really want to get out of here. I also have no choice. I want to get out of here as soon as possible.

Daniel can't just enter the De Lucas company. Their security is tight.

I sighed loudly and then closed my eyes. Once I opened my eyes again it landed to the bedside table where the ring placed.

"I have to give this to Elise."

I left the room and went to Daniel's office. When I opened the door I immediately saw him behind his desk and busy looking at the papers.

I went straight and sat on the sofa. He lowered the paper he was holding then stood up and approached where I was. He sat down next to me.

"What's wrong."

"I just want to know if Elise is here."

"She was outside talking to Arturo."

"Okay." I was about to stand up when he restrained me by the arm. I sat down again and looked at him wondering. "What?"

"You know how much I love you. I'm really sorry if I did this thing, I just don't want to lose you. Nicolas is a fucking jerk. I don't want to hurt you."

I nodded. "I know but I really need to see Elise. We'll talk later."

____________

I immediately saw Elise talking to Arturo. I approached them.

"Elise!"

They both looked at my direction.

"Hmm?"

"Can I talk to you?" She nodded.

Arturo looked at me first before he left.

"I heard what you did. Thank you." She said.

I took the ring out of my coat pocket. "It's up to you to go back to Nicolas. Good luck on your way back."

She smiled then nodded. "Thank you so much, Cassandra."

I just smiled before leaving in front of her.

Now, I'll change. I'll change for the sake of my safety. And this is my first priority. I'll move forward and forget all the bad things that happened to me.

_______________