t w o

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w o

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLVjI6RjW0)

The atmosphere becomes less heavy the further she walks into town, the lights much brighter and the streets busier, littered with people clumping into their friend groups, chatter and laughter loud. Several restaurants are still open, even the odd clothing store here and there. This part of town was alive in the night, brimming and welcoming.

She finally arrives at the club, features falling onto one of the bouncers that had been appointed this very night. She doesn't recognise him, so her hand falls to her pocket to grab her ID, which she flashes before he lets her in.

There's no cue just yet, though some groups have begun to lurk around at the front lazily; it was an hour until the club opened again for the late night.

Nova had taken up shifts at this particular one around eight months back, when someone had recommended her to it.

This chain of clubs were all owned by a man named Reggie – thus the name- and were pretty much the main entertainment choices in this area, from just bars, to clubs and adult entertainment. Nova was pretty sure he owned an escort service too, but she didn't know too much about that.

He predominantly stayed at the club she worked at though, overseeing it, and appointed others for the rest.

She had worked at a club from a different chain prior to this, closer to her house, and only lasted a few days before quitting entirely.

Nova knew she was signing up to an occupation that wasn't entirely professional and at times gave way to being inappropriate, but it still didn't mean people could grab and touch her anywhere as they please without her permission. No woman deserved being treated like that, no matter what they did.

That club had very little regulation and allowed customers to take advantage of those giving a service. When a dance would be performed, hands would grab, and mouths would try to latch onto her skin.

She never felt more degraded, and through the other girls she'd heard of Reggie's, which treated their dancers better and had strict rules for their customers. She had been hesitant about launching herself back into it, but she needed a quick way to earn a lot of cash and her career hadn't exactly picked up. Nova was always good at dancing, and she didn't shy away from her body at all, so she just did it.

She had no regrets.

Reggie's was a very popular club, meaning she only ever did it two or three times a week, and made well enough to sustain herself and save a hefty amount. She enjoyed aspects of it too, especially the close family dynamic all the girls shared behind the scenes. It felt like a little bit of a home.

The club is dim and empty as she makes her way through, with the odd bartender wiping down the counters, more bouncers lingering about, and the waitresses setting down the chairs back to the floor. Reggie himself lingers on one of the tables with his laptop, and when spotting her gives her a short wave. She salutes him back with two fingers; the man had been good to her.

The stages were being swept clean, poles wiped down, and the DJ for the night was setting up his gear, headphones already over his head.

Nova heads there first, fingers finding her list in her other pocket, passing on the piece of paper forward. Her songs are put into the system for later, and she takes herself to the back, ears picking up on the laughter and music in the main dressing area.