t w e n t y - f o u r

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - f o u r

The blonde groans, curling her head into the pillow as the sound of the alarm blaring through the room rings into her ears, triggering a flight or fight reaction from her. She hated the sound, and after several more minutes of gritting her teeth through it, she leans over the brunette – who was still in a heavy sleep, completely undisturbed- and grabs her cracked phone, turning it off.

Nova doesn't flinch, undisturbed from the ordeal. The blonde doesn't blame her; the chocolate-haired female only fell asleep a few hours ago. She's currently on her stomach – her most preferred position- sleeping with her arms stretched out and a leg hanging from the edge.

It was pretty warm, the heat in the night growing to be a little more blistering, the duvet pooling at her waist. She only slept in a grey tee, material riding to her thighs to where the blonde could see the straps of her underwear.

She has to pull her gaze from the way Nova's thighs curve, skin soft and supple, beautifully dark against the white sheet.

The blonde nudges her; no response. She does it again. Nothing.

It's a roll of her eyes before Kelsey just topples her, laying on top. Only then Nova groans with the added weight, sleep-ridden features curving in confusion and stretching up to look at her. A sleepy smile kisses her features, a quiet giggle coming from her when Kelsey peppers the back of her neck in morning kisses, nuzzling into her. The weight is lifted, the blonde holding it into her knees pressed into the mattress.

It takes Nova a few moments, yawning and then turning so her blonde can properly straddle her.

"Morning," Kelsey murmurs with a grin, leaning forward. Nova just raises her brows in response, unable to tear herself away from the lull of sleep.

"Am I late?" rubbing her heavy eyes that were tempted to close in again. The blonde shakes her head.

"You will be if you don't get up in ten minutes," climbing off of her, feet on the carpet.

"Okay, okay," Nova grumbles, getting up with much effort. The blonde turns, a wrinkle to her nose.

"You should wash your sheets. They smell like him," leaving her room and into the bathroom. Nova watches with suspicious eyes, a blush stroking her features.

Her nose presses to the side she didn't sleep in, the fabric smelling like her blonde, but with his musk more prominent, despite the fact that he hadn't been in her bed for a while.

Her features smile automatically.

The morning is relatively normal, going about their routine. Nova clears up a little, but isn't much – she deep cleaned a day back. The blonde makes them both coffee, Nova warming some crumpets with butter in the pan, spreading jam on them.

Leo, who was still on the road to recovery, joins them. The blonde's presence was now tolerated; the same couldn't be said for Romaeus. His cone had been removed, stitches dissolved now, and for the most part healed. Nova was still tentative letting him roam the streets though, but he was quite comfortable staying at home for now.

They eat, Leo demanding her attention, mopping up every inch of it whilst she sat at the table, laptop opened to respond to some emails. She had a house viewing tomorrow.