e l e v e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

e l e v e n

Her eyes don't move from him, doe-like in expression and curiosity, soft brows furrowing closer together in vague thought. It's a shameless gaze at the man before her, but she doesn't feel ashamed of openly heeding to her desires, the warmth within her encouraging.

He doesn't make her feel embarrassed either, his own attention cast down to the menu, pretending to be completely oblivious to those mocha hues, though his jaw curves in attempt to stifle a smirk. The grey blazer once on his broad shoulders has now been dismissed to the back of his chair. 

It's a peaceful quiet between them, the brunette finally moving her eyes to the different food options, skimming over them. Nova hadn't really branched out in different cuisines, but thankfully Italian food was very comforting to customers, with a variety of safe choices.

They're only disturbed when their waiter arrives, notepad in hand with an expectant expression.

"Are you ready to order your starters and mains?" it's asked in a heavily authenticated accent. Nova shifts in her seat, smoothing her dress with her hands, eyes going up to the man before her in response.

Romaeus only gives a slight shrug, a dark brow directing the male to her.

The waiter turns to her instead, her cheeks going red with the sudden attention. She clears her throat quietly, using the pad of her thumb to turn the menu. It's a moment of silence, her capacity to speak just leaving her.

"Could I please have the stuffed pasta shells for the starter, and then maybe the tuscan style steak for the main? Please?" her eyes go up to him. He nods, before turning to Romaeus.

"I'll have the same," his tone is rough, demeanour completely different to hers.

He's leaned back in his chair, arm resting on the back and legs casual, but his expression is brooding in thought.

The waiter leaves them be, promising a quick return.

"Have you been here before?" Nova asks, mustering up the courage to fill the silence, playing with the ring on her hand. His lips tip up.

"Yes. I come here several times when I'm in the area. I quite like it, it's very authentic. It reminds me of the food I grew up eating from my nonna," he murmurs, eyes growing light with the memory.

Nova smiles with just his facial features. Her head tilts.

"Do you come down here often? I've never seen you around, you know with Reggie's," her words grow quiet at the end, before reminding herself that he knew what she did and still was here.

"I come about five or six times a year for work purposes. My family is quite close to the Adolfo clan, and we share business links. I usually refrain from leaving their vicinity, but this time I needed to speak with Reggie. He's a prominent character in this region, and alas a very busy man. I only could catch him during the nights," he says, tone low and soft.

"Reggie is a very busy man. He's also very nice," Nova remarks, face curving with the thought of him.

A newfound curiosity pricks at her, the warmth within her only making her feel bolder. She places the rose in her lap into her purse, gently caressing the waxy petals built delicately.