t w e n t y - s e v e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - s e v e n

The luminosity of the plane is dim, a mellow dimness infiltrating above the passengers, many of which were curled up in their seats, eyes closed, and mouths opened with the lull of sleep singing out to them.

The brunette curled up in her own seat peeks at them from time to time, a woollen blanket draped over her shoulders and legs when the air hostess noticed her shivering, the atmosphere cool and brisk the further they travel across the sea. A journal sits in her lap, the ink on her pen bleeding as she writes aimlessly, drawling on random thoughts and memories, ignoring the sting in her heart as she embarks on this new path of life.

A soft grunt comes from the left of her, sight falling to the god who had given into the temptation of sleep, curled into the arm rest of his chair and not utilising the reclining feature. Silky, black obsidian locks fall before his face, melting into the sheath of the baggy hoodie he wore.

Nova is hesitant for a moment, before her fingers come to pluck one of his thick curls, twirling it in her hand. Her cheeks graze a bed of red when a soft sound of content falls from his mouth, inclined to her touch a little more. Her hand is timidly retracted and kept to herself, thoughts beginning to dwindle.

Here he looks nothing alike to what brimmed beneath the surface, the beast that lingers in his heart and whispers thoughts into his mind forgotten. He looked soft, warm and safe. Nova nibbles her lower lip, a shiver running over her skin when thinking back to that dreadful day, the sickening sound of bone crunching haunting her ears, the sight of his bronzed devilish eyes sitting in her mind.

Her stomach swirls uneasily with the mere thought, heart momentarily stopping. He had killed them, all of them. Every single man – or wolf- involved in that attack was now dead.

Nova thought about this continuously, eyes now skimming over the pad of his warm, rough hand that hung over one edge, stained with the death of those lone wolves, and perhaps several more.

It didn't sit with her right, even after Kelsey had initially explained it. It was either her life or theirs, and the wolf within him would always choose her with no hesitation. But was one simple life worth a dozen deaths? In her mind it didn't seem logical.

It was only when she was taught more about werewolves and the values they embodied, when she didn't necessarily accept, but understood the perspective. She had to remind herself that at the end of the day, these weren't humans, with values and morals that were different to hers. They viewed things in a different manner, felt things in a more brutal, savage way. They relied on hormones and the scope of their heart.

These were animals, and in such a way they would act. They would kill anything that threatened them.

It was just the wolf way.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but there's no other option now.

Nova's old world had collapsed long ago. She had to get used to the shell of this one. She chuckles to herself dryly, closing the cover of the scrapbook and tucking it into the side, eyes peeking out to the depths of dark surrounding the plane.

She's surprised at the way she's handling this. The whole concept of a supernatural being existing, a whole new powerful entity at hand. It was the mate bond that sat within her, fickle, encouraging her and easing her into it. She hadn't given it much conscious thought – it had done all the adjusting for her.