t w e n t y

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y

"Is this it?" his tone is low, eyes brushing over her. Her eyes flicker up from her lap, before nodding quietly. They'd just pulled up to her street, stalling outside of her home.

He pulls through when she confirms, parking by and getting out of the car. Nova's frozen for a second, her stomach swimming uneasily. He knew where she lived, the area she was from and the house she was born in.

She didn't even want to think about his thoughts on it, his thoughts on the deteriorating house, shabby and small, nothing compared to his own.

Nova was humiliated.

Her eyes drip with tears, before rubbing them away and swinging her legs out of his car, curving to the backseats where her father was passed out on. She attempts to move forward, help the man pick him up.

She's gently dismissed, Romaeus shaking his head.

"I've got it," he tells her, his attitude towards her tender. She hesitates for just a second, before nodding and turning on her heel, using her keys to unlock the front door when she gets there.

Romaeus has him out of the car with ease, his face growing with distaste at the pathetic excuse of a father before him. It leaves as quickly as it came, still treating the man with some form of respect – he was of Nova's blood at all, and can tell the female still deeply cared for him.

They all huddle in, Nova waiting for them with the door stretched open, one hand holding the groceries she had bought, leaving it out there for a second.

Her heart beats loudly, face flooded with redness when remembering the house was in an awful state. She hadn't been home the last two weeks and giving the house a deep clean wasn't her first thought when she did come back. She's thinking in her mind, turning her head to the living room which was probably in a horrendous state.

Romaeus watches her, frowning at the visible discomfort on her face as she thinks.

"Do you want me to take him to his room?" and she nods.

Before she can direct him, the man held by Romaeus firm grip suddenly throws up again, this time all over the taller man's shirt.

Nova's expression grows wide, a cringe striking her hard.

Her mouth tumbles with apologies, words tripping over one another, flustered with menacing embarrassment. She's all over the place, a nasty mocking heat sitting within her. She hated this so much.

"It's okay. Is his room upstairs?" and she can only nod again, fearful if she said anything more, she'd start bawling.

"Do you want to just leave him like this?" he questions when their upstairs, arms crossing over his soiled shirt, head turning to her with a soft expression.

Her pa was currently just laid on the bed, still in his clothes and vulgar state.

Nova sighs, not having the energy to deal with him. She just shrugs, before turning and leaving through the door. The man follows closely behind her.

"If you'd like, you can shower here," she tells him, grimacing when remembering what her pa had done. Romaeus watches her for a moment, brows furrowing.

"If you're completely okay with that then yes please," and she exhales, before nodding. The door of her pa's room is closed, the two of them lingering in the dark hallway.