Elements

After breakfast Faya made her way to the stone circle, her bag on her back and the vial inside it. She sat on the stones, the coolness giving her a chill and noticed a few other students and enjoyed the silence. As more students came to the circle she took off the headphones, suspecting Farah would come soon. Musa sat down next to Faya smiling and spoke quietly.

"Don't worry, we've all got your back. Stella will get what's coming to her." She giggled and nodded smiling.

"Thanks." Musa nodded, giving her new friend a wink.

"By the way, who saved you last night?" She asked.

"This Specialist named Riven." Faya explained, Musa nodded and turned to Farah who placed the vessel in the centre. Everyone went silent, staring at her and the Vessel. Faya glanced at everyone, seeing their nervousness and could hear their thoughts. She stared at the Vessel, trying to distract myself from hearing them as she listened in.

"Magic lives in the very fabric of nature. And here in our circle of stone, it's magnified. The Vessel tests your ability to channel that magic. Further down the line, you may learn to connect with other elements, but your first year is all about the element you were born with." Terra was asked to come up, she held her hands above the Vessel, a plant growing beautifully and tall.

"Earth. Soil, sand, rock and all manner of plant life." Aisha stood up next, water streams floating around.

"Water, the lakes and oceans of the world or the molecules that exist in all organisms around us." Musa stood up first, her eyes going violet and a cloud like thing with a violet tint.

"The mind. Thoughts, memories, dreams." Musa sat down, giving Faya a reassuring smile. She stood up, earning a nod from Farah. She closed her eyes, raising her hands and held them above the Vessel. The class' thoughts were hitting her, she flinched slightly at the sudden barging in of the sound. She took a deep breath, listening to the wind. The crackle of leaves and the feeling of the breeze on her skin.

Faya's eye fluttered open, smiling as she saw her hands creating a light purple, sparkly energy source. She hadn't been able to do that in a little bit. She looked at Farah, who gave the teen a smile and a satisfied nod. She let the purple sparkle source fade away, sitting down and watched Beatrix stand up, walking over to the Vessel with a smirk.

"Air. Speed, temperature, sound. Its power and electrical properties." Creating lightening between her palms.

"Whatever your element, the emotions underlying it are the same for all fairies." Bloom stood up, approaching the Vessel and placed her hands on the side. She took a breath, hesitating.

"Open yourself up to the magical world around you." A little flame appeared, Bloom still unsure.

"Push past your doubts." Farah pushed. The flame flickered on and off, the students starting to whisper.

"It's not working."

"Focus on clear, positive feelings."

"How about your parents? Focus on much you love them?" Aisha nudged, shrugging a shoulder.

"Stop thinking, magic comes from-"

"Emotions. I've been listening. I know what I'm supposed to do."

"This is a disaster." Musa spoke through gritted teeth.

"It's not happening, can we please move on." She sighed, sitting down. After class, Faya stood up and walked past Farah thanking her. She smiled and nodded. Faya walked at her dorm mates sides, smiling at them. Faya skipped to the Specialist training area, quickly running off to the bathrooms and changed. She carried her bag in my hand, placing it down and stared at everyone.