19.

Kaminari raced around his room trying to find his dress shirt. He was supposed to be having supper with Watanabe's family today and if his parent's found out he didn't wear an approved shirt then... well he's not sure what they'd do now that he doesn't live with them, but that's not the point. The point is there would probably be consequences and he didn't want to have to deal with that.

"Shit, where is it," the blond muttered, tearing apart his drawers. "Where is it, where- there it is!" He exclaimed pulling out the shirt. It was a navy blue button-up that he had to pair with a nice black tie.

Throwing it on he ran into the washroom to try and tame his hair at least a little bit. "Ok, you can do this," he told himself as he ran a hand through his hair. "Meeting your fake partner's parents for the second time, not a big deal."

Taking a deep breath, Kaminari headed down to the common room to say goodbye to his friends.

"I'm heading out," he told Shinso, kissing him on the lips. Shinso put a hand behind his head to keep him from pulling back too quickly. Kaminari couldn't help but chuckle a little into the kiss. Shinso didn't use to be one to do that, but recently he would pull Kaminari into more kisses or hold them there longer than usual. Kaminari was not complaining.

When Shinso let them pull away, Kaminari couldn't get rid of the grin that was now plastered across his lips. Shinso's eyes lingered on Kaminari's dress shirt. "You don't dress up like this for me," he said, though there was a teasing thread woven into his voice.

"I don't need to make you think I'm someone I'm not and impress you," his boyfriend said simply. "You're already my boyfriend and stuck with me." Kaminari grinned and pecked him on the lips one more time. "I'll be back later, see you."

"Yeah, see you," Shinso said, his eyes following Kaminari out the door.

Sero sat beside Shinso, following his eyes to see them looking at the door. "You sure you're fine with the little setup Kami has?" Sero asked looking back to Shinso.

The purple-haired boy sighed, looking down at his phone. "If it means he doesn't have to go on a date with some random person every other week or something then... yeah, I guess," Shinso said.

Kirishima raised an eyebrow at him. "Seriously?" He asked. "Jealousy isn't a very manly emotion but I think I would be if my partner ever did that," Kirishima muttered.

Shinso turned his phone off and stood up. "I never said I wasn't jealous," he said. "But this is better than having him go out with a bunch of random people, at least I know this thing with Watanabe can't go anywhere."

The others shared a look. "You guys could just tell Kami's parent's he's dating you," Mina said. "Then he wouldn't be sent on blind dates."

Shinso sighed again and looked at Mina. "No, he wouldn't be sent on blind dates because his parents would probably disown him," he told them. "Or try to send him to some conversion camp or something." he turned to leave again. "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

The others let him leave.

Meanwhile, Kaminari was trying to figure out what bus would take him to Watanabe's place. "Ok, that one goes there, and that one there... so I need to take... that one!" His muttering stopped as he figured out what bus he needed to take, and just to his luck, one was coming in 10 minutes.

He had texted with Watanabe to ask what he should expect and he wasn't too surprised to hear that their family was a lot like his. Snobby, bigoted, homophobic, those sort of things.

He had only briefly met Watanabe's parents at the mall once, and from what he knew they didn't listen to what they had to say all that often. Watanabe had reminded him that when with their parents he couldn't use they/them pronouns or Mr. and Mrs. Watanabe would throw some fit. This was going to be a fun night.