CHAPTER EIGHT

I'm thrown awake from a dreamless sleep by a gentle tapping on the bathroom door. My watch says that it's 9:40pm, after curfew. I must have been asleep for hours, and I'd missed dinner! I groan and my stomach rubbles, furious at me for falling asleep.

Someone knocks on my bathroom door again and I wonder who it could be and why they didn't use the main door. "Just a minute," I shout, grabbing a pair of pyjamas. I was still lying in my underwear, after my little tantrum earlier. "Juliet, hurry up, or I'll 'alohomora' this door." The low, powerful tone causes me to stop and slap my forehead. Draco.

"Hang on!" I call again, pulling the top over my head and stepping into the shorts. I don't have time to find another, perhaps longer pair, as Draco seems annoyed and ready to kick the door down.

I don't know why but I quickly check my appearance in the small mirror that hangs on the wall. My hair isn't too dishevelled, but it's far from perfect. With a sigh, I open the bathroom door to see Draco leaning against the door frame, arms crossed across his lean chest. He's wearing a pair of long pyjama bottoms and a tight grey t-shirt that only seems to make his biceps seem even bigger. I can't help but stare with wide eyes. Draco catches me and chuckles. "Take a picture Weasley, then you can oogle over that." I roll my eyes and cross my own arms. "What do you want?"

Draco raises an eyebrow. "You weren't at dinner. I thought you might be hungry." He waves his wand and a tray appears on his head. It looks heavy, with two of food with silver covers, two sets of cutlery, two goblets and a blue vase with a single white rose. I gasp, the smell rising from the covered plates smells immensely good and my stomach growls. My common sense tells me to shut the door in Draco's face, but I'm so hungry that I allow my stomach to rule over my mind and I open the door and let him in.

Draco sets the tray down on my bedside table and looks around my room. I haven't had a chance to put my possessions out yet, but I still feel like he's invading my privacy and clear my throat. Draco turns and gives me a boyish grin. "The Black Lake, huh?" I frown at him, wondering what he means, when he holds up the book that Dumbledore gave me. For whatever reason, I snatch it from him and hold it close to my chest. "Easy Weasley, you're acting incredibly feisty today." He sits down on the floor next to the tray and his eyes glitter as he lights a candle with a wave of his hand. There's something about Draco, something mysterious.

"I thought you were annoyed at me." I blurt out. Draco frowns at me. "Why would I be annoyed?" I kneel down and twiddle my thumbs. "I don't know, you ignored me all the way through DADA." Rather than get annoyed, like I thought he would, Draco just smirks at me. "Oh, so you noticed did you?" It takes me a second to figure out what he means, but when I do I slap his arm. "Oh!" I exclaim furiously. "You were pulling a trick on me!" Draco howls with laughter as I slap him again, it clearly doesn't hurt him at all.

"You should have seen your face!" He cackles. I roll my eyes and go to lift the cover of one of the plates, before Draco stops me. "Not so fast, I want to make a deal. You can eat if you answer my questions." I tense up and draw my hand away from the plate and my eyes grow wide. "What sort of questions?" I stutter, barely able to contain my nervousness. Draco throws back his head and laughs. "Relax, I'm not going to embarrass you. I just want to know about you, like what's your favourite colour and stuff."

Why he wants to know things like that, I don't know. But I reply. "Blue."

"What?"

"Blue. You asked what my favourite colour was, so I told you. Blue."

Draco stares at me, trying to make sense of me. Then he smiles again. "Blue, any specific type of blue?" I can't help but start to relax. I know, strange. "Hmm, you know that gemstone, the aqua sort of one?" I furrow my brow, and then the name comes to mind. "Lazuli! Lapis Lazuli, yeah, that's my favourite colour." Draco leans back and lies on his back. "Blue, like Lapis Lazuli. I'll bear that in mind."