CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

I spent a week at Malfoy Manor.

The worst, most awful week of my life.

It turns out that it was one of the Death Eaters who captured me in the Department of Mysteries. I woke up a couple of days later to find myself in the bedroom I'd inhabited whilst staying at Malfoy Manor over the Christmas break. The door was locked, my wand confiscated, and I was forced to wait until Nelly was sent up with a tray of food for me. Despite my attempts to ask her questions, she refused to answer me and simply set the tray down, before scurrying out again.

Even though I was furious and terrified about being kidnapped, I realised how starving I was and regretfully ate the entire tray of food. It was delicious, just as I remembered, and when I was finished I climbed out of bed and looked around the room. My old clothes that I'd been wearing the night of the battle were gone, I was left with a wardrobe full of brand new, super stylish and expensive clothes. I'd been sleeping in a long, floating chiffon night-gown, similar to the ones that were worn in the eighteenth century, in Jane Austen novels.

The windows were firmly locked, and even though I looked a hundred times there was no other methods of escape, not without my wand at least.

Alone and incredibly afraid, I climbed back into the bed and sat with my arms crossed across my chest.

There came a knock on the door a few minutes later. Soft, gentle. I doubted that it would be Lucius. "Come in" I called out. The door unlocked and opened, revealing a guilty looking Narcissa stood in the doorway.

"Juliet, I'm so sorry" she starts. I stare back at her. Did she have a part in this?

"Don't be weak, Cissy" I hear another voice, also female say. Except this voice isn't kind like Narcissa, it's oozing with venom and hatred. I shiver and my blood runs cold as Bellatrix Lestrange pokes her head from around the door frame, smirking evilly at me. "I told you that you'd join us, even if we had to force you." She cackles.

"Bella, would you leave me alone to talk to Juliet? She is in my house" Narcissa orders. Bellatrix looks from me to her sister and rolls her eyes. "Fine, I'll have my time to deal with the little cow later..." she grins at me with evil promise before stalking off. I shiver and try not to be sick. I wonder which of the unforgivable curses she'll use first? Force me to humiliate myself with the Imperius Curse? Torture me with the Cruciatus Curse? Maybe she'll show mercy and just kill me straight out.

No, she won't. Death Eaters don't show mercy.

"I'm sorry about her, but don't worry. No harm will come to you, I'd never allow it." Narcissa shut the door and tiptoed over to the bed, folding her hands together and smiling weakly at me. "What happened? What am I doing here?" I begged her. She sat down on the bed beside me and took a deep breath. "My husband and sister thought that it would be best. That you'd want to join us sooner or later..."

I shook my head. "You're not one of them?" I pleaded. She stared at her feet sorrowfully. "I would never kill or hurt anybody - that goes against my morals and what I want for my son, - but yes, I'm one of them. Are you judging me?" She looked at me curiously. I shrugged my shoulders. "And Draco?" I asked through the tears that are threatening to spill.

"Not yet. But since what happened to Lucius, it will most likely be the Dark Lord's wish that Draco join us." She sighed when I refused to look at her face. "Lucius?" I muttered through my tears.

"He was captured by aurors, and is facing trial for association with dark forces. Draco and I will be attending his hearing later today, although it seems most likely that he'll be incarcerated in Azkaban, along with others." Her mournful tone makes me wonder how she can still love him even though she knows about the terrible acts he's committed. "Is Draco here?" I asked.