CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I don't know how long this chapter's going to be yet, depends how much I write. Anyway, if it's short then I apologise, I've been really busy recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm pregnant."

I stare at Honey, frozen with shock. I feel as if I've been petrified by the basilisk that haunted the school during our second year, the one that stole Ginny and Harry ultimately killed. It was only muggle-borns who were at risk, so I never had any reason to worry and therefore never knew what it felt like to be petrified. But now I think I do.

"Li, talk to me..." Honey sobs, grabbing my hand and crying into it. "Please, say something!" she screams. I blink my eyes a few times and pinch my arm. Not Honey, she's always so careful with Ash, despite the way she acts I know that she'd never do something this reckless.

Except she had.

"Is it Ash?" I murmur. Honey lifts her head and with tear filled eyes, shakes her head.

"What? You cheated on him?!" I hiss. This was a new low, even for her. "Who with, Honey?"

She buries her head in her hand and shakes uncontrollably through her tears. "Do I know him?" I ask. Despite my anger at her, she's my friend. I kneel on the floor beside her and rest her head on my shoulder. "Tell me, I can't help you if you don't." I whisper softly.

"It was late, about 4 days ago, when you were still in the infirmary. Draco, Blaise and I were the only ones left visiting you, and before long Draco left too. I was upset, so was Blaise, so..."

I jerk back and gasp. "Blaise is the father? Honey Kingdon, how could you be so irresponsible?! Not only for you and that child, but Ash as well. What's he going to think? How's he going to feel? Did you ever think about that whilst you were 'upset'?"

Honey sighs and crawls away from me a bit, wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeve. "I wasn't planning on telling Ash. Or Blaise for that matter."

I frown, trying to guess what she means. But eventually I realise and wrap my arms around her once more. "Are you sure about this? You're going to have to live with it for the rest of your life. Maybe it'd be easier to just keep the baby?..." Honey laughs maniacally. "What, with my family?"

She cackles hysterically and I watch her awkwardly. Honey's family are pure-bloods and incredibly strict. They don't even know about her relationship with Ash, because they'd force her to break up with him. If they ever found out about Honey's pregnancy, then they'd take her wand and disown her, forcing her to live without magic.

"Maybe not. But Blaise needs to know, it's his child too. If this is your decision then he needs to know about it." I pat her arm and smile. "I'll help you, if you want. Where were you planning on getting the potion from anyway? I think Snape would notice if it went missing from his stores."

Both Honey and I think for a while. Even if we did somehow manage to get the ingredients from Snape without his noticing, there is no way that I could brew such a potion. Not only does it take a high level of skill, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. "My sister could get it and send it to me?" Honey suggests. "There's an apothecary shop in Knockturn Alley. It's quite a shady place, but I don't think she'd object."

My eyes are drawn to Honey's stomach that looks at flat as ever. I can hardly believe that inside, a baby grows. "Yeah, that'd work." I mutter numbly. Honey embraces me and wipes her eyes again. "Thank you Li, for being here to talk to." I smile weakly and we leave the bathroom together, Honey laughing as if nothing had happened. She's trying to deny the truth, I think. She thinks that everything will go back to normal now that I have this knowledge.