chapter 9

With Harry asleep severus decided to get on with a little more clothes shopping. He knew how boring it must have been for Harry so he set if once again this time he headed towards m&s as he needed some more muggle clothes and harry needed some smarter etire.
Walking around severus started with himself as he figured should Harry wake up whilst he was shopping here he wouldn't want to wait for him to pick out some more formal wear.
Severus picked out a navy suit and a plain black one he picked out another pack of socks, as you can never have too many socks, and a few packs of underwear. He then picked out some more t-shirts in black and charcoal grey and a few pairs of cotton  shorts, knee length of course.
Moving towards the kids section Severus picked out 2 packs of socks one charcoal grey for school and formal events the others covered in different animals and fun colours. He then picked out 2 packs of briefs knowing that when Harry's bladder was back to what it was and had, had ample time to heal he would need them.
Thinking about Harry's bladder severus checked Harry and realised he needed to be changed so took Harry into the  bathroom leaving his basket just outside. Making swift work of changing Harry, Severus was back to shopping in no time, little Harry staying asleep the whole time.
Severus then picked out 4 different pairs of Jeans, and a few more t-shirts. Knowing m&s was expensive severus didn't dare think of what would happen if Harry was to wake as he was paying.
Severus wallked to the till and put his many items down on the counter. As the man behind the till rang everything up severus felt Harry start to shift in his sleep, whining and moving his hand from where it was once firmly lodged in his mouth.
"Shhh, shhh, your okay, I got you. Sleep baby." Severus whispered to Harry trying to get him to drift back into a deeper sleep knowing he would be far to tired were he to wake then, having only slept for 45 minutes. Harry Once again moved his fingers back into his mouth as he drifted into a deeper slumber.
"Long day?" The man behind the counter asked,
"Been at it since 11 this morning. A whole new wardrobe, shoes included." Severus explained whilst rubbing Harry's back in calming motions.
"Ahh, bless him. All tuckered out. Well, all done. Your total today is £511.50. I'm guessing that will be card."
"Yes. Thank you." Severus responded collecting his bags and exiting the store.
Harry was still asleep so severus decided to find a bench to sit for while he waited for Harry to wake up on his own.
Severus sat at a bench underneath the warm sun reading a muggle book called 'To Catch A Killer' for another 40 minutes before Harry started to wake up. Severus looked down at Harry as he looked up owlishly blinking a few times before smiling up at his personal pillow.
"Hello Harry, did you have a good nap?"
"Mmhmm, was good." Harry replied sleepily.
"I'm glad to hear that. We have a few  more stops we need to make before we go back to hogwarts. Is that okay?"
"Yep, we go now?" Harry replied, He was starting to get more comfortable around Severus.
"Alright, well our first stop is to go to The Entertainer." Severus stated trying to sound exited for Harry who was a 12 nearly 13 year old, but he knew that he had not had the chance at a childhood. Severus was hoping Harry would pick out maybe a Teddy and a few puzzles but decided he should let the boy have a look around anyhow, figuring he had probably never even stepped foot in a toy shop let alone ever been allowed to buy anything from one.
Once they arrived at the shop Severus watched as Harry's eyes lit up with hidden excitement.
"Anything you want Harry, anything at all and I will get it for you. Okay?"
"Promise?" Harry asked timidly
"I promise Harry, it does not matter what it is." Severus responded knowing Harry needed the reassurance.
Severus wallked into the store and started walking through the Isles he knew Harry wouldn't want anything from first so that Harry could get used to watching other children ask for things hoping it would give him some confidence to ask him for something.
Severus wallked into the stuffed toy section and Harry's whole face lit up.
"Anything, remember." Severus stated softy trying to encourage Harry to ask for something.
Harry studied severus' face before he slowly reached out and pointed at a large elephant with big eyes. Severus picked it up and handed it to him watching as Harry felt it and then smiled, hugging it close to him with one arm whilst flapping with the other and symoltaniously kicking his legs in his excitement. Severus mentaly noted the strange behaviour but smiled down at the too little boy.
" do you want to put it in the basket and pick some more Harry?"
"Harry gets more?" He asked his face once again lighting up with excitement.
"Of course you can have more." And so very slowly Harry and Severus wallked around the toy shop, Harry pointing at things he liked whilst severus handed them to him then ploped them in the basket or put them back on the shelf.
Once they were done Severus brought the items to the till and paid for them his total coming out at £64.57.
"Okay Harry we have one more stop in muggle London then we need to pop into diagon alley." Severus whispered softly into Harry's ear as they left The Entertainer.
Harry watched eagerly from his spot on Severus' hip as they wallked towards their last shop in the muggle world.
"Okay here we are, the Disney store. Whatever you want Harry remember?" Severus reminded lightly.
"Yep yep yep." Harry responded even more exited now as he recognised some of the characters displayed in the window from when dudly was little and he would watch the movies on TV.
As severus wallked through the store Harry eagerly pointed out different toys he likes and severus happily picked them up not even looking at the prices, as he couldn't put a price on the smile the boy was wearing around his fingers that between all the excitement had somehow made their way into Harry's mouth again.
Harry pointed out, mini figure sets from snow white, beauty and the beast and frozen. He picked out his own towels with  micky mouse and the little mermaid. He picked out a Rapunzel archery set. Harry chose plush toys from whinnie the pooh, the lion King,  lilo and stich, beauty and the beast and micky mouse. He chose a whole micky mouse outfit and a pajama set. He picked out a Disney princess water bottle and finally some stationary sets.
Severus brought everything Harry had chosen and this time specifically asked the woman at the register not to say the price out loud knowing that Harry would be very uncomfortable with the amount of money severus was about to spend on him but Harry needed things to do and he wanted to spend his money on something that wasn't firewhisky.
" if you could just insert your card when you are ready sir the price should come up on the screen."
And sure enough there it was in bright green on the card reader '£223.94' not the most he had spent in one shop but quite a lot to spend in a toy store.
"Thank you. Have a nice rest of your day." Severus said as he was picking up his purchases.
As they were walking back towards the leaky cauldron severus explained to Harry what they would be doing in diagon alley.
"Okay, this is our last stop of the day then I promise we can get home and you can play with your new things whilst I put your clothes away. We are going to go into madame malkins robe shop and get you some casual wizarding etire as you now have a full muggle wardrobe but nothing to wear out in the wizarding world."
Once severus had finished explaining they had reached the entrance wall to go into the alley.
(Word count~1414)