Chapter 18

The rest of the day went by smoothly Draco kept to himself, he had a lot to think about, Hadrian was his usual bubbly self after his cuddles with Severus on the armchair .

That evening Draco did something that shocked Severus more that their conversation earlier in the day.

Draco walked up to Hadrian and held out his right hand,
" I'm sorry for what i did to you when you were Harry Potter, it was horrible and I was jealous of you so I lashed out and bullied you and your friends. I don't want to be that person any more. I want to be there for you I want to help you with your homework and play games with you and I really am sorry for the actions of myself and of my friends. Can we start over?" Hadrian looked over at his Daddy for conformation of what he was hearing before he agreed to anything. Severus nodded at him and that was enough for Hadrian he ignored the hand Draco had held out for him and launched himself at his newfound friend. At first Draco was shocked and didn't realy know what to do but he eventually melted into the hug.

Severus watched on in shock, this was not the outcome he was expecting. In all honesty he expected Draco to argue about apologising and he definitely didn't expect Hadrian to launch himself at Draco the way he did.  Thankful that the drama was avoided Severus sent the two boys to Hadrian's room to spend some time together before bedtime.

"You really want to me f'ends" Hadrian asked timidly once they were within the safety of his own 4 walls.
"I really do, I was horrible to all of you and I regret it, I regret everything I said to you. You can't help who you are and I picked on you through jealously."
The two sat in silence for a while, Hadrian playing in the floor with some toys and Draco sat I front of him just watching, working out how to get on with him, what he can and can't do and how he can help.
Draco had realised that he can't treat people badly when he doesn't understand them, when he doesn't understand why they are the way they are, he realised that he's had such an impact in the way his classmate views school and that he made his only safe haven hell. And he wanted to change to make Hadrian see how fun school can be the safety it provides and the knowledge you can gain. He vowed to change to be better and seeing Hadrian struggle really opened a world that he had never known but was just as real as the one he lived in.
Word count~466

Sorry about the delay in this update, I've been very busy with things in my personal life at the moment. Thank you so much for waiting x