Chapter 17

After putting 'Rian back down for a nap the over tired potions master slumped back into his chair and put his head in his hands.

"Uncle Sev, you cant let Potter get away with that atrocious behavior!!" Draco exclaimed loudly.

"Draco can you please keep your voice down, I've just put him to bed and i cant deal with another meltdown right now. if you have any questions then go ahead and ask them but i relay need you to stay quiet."

"what was that?"

"that was a the aftermath of a sensory overload, Hadrian has autistic tendencies, when he was a lot younger he was obliviated, it was a poorly performed charm and it damaged his brain. we have yet to get him a proper diagnosis but for that we would have to go to a muggle doctor. a sensory overload in Hadrian's case could be due to a number of reasons, today he woke up and realy hated the texture of fabric on his skin, were you not here i would have let him walk around naked, he then came in here his routeen was different as again you are her and he then didn't like the way his breakfast felt, causing a more violent reaction, the glass knocking over obviously triggered something from his less than ideal past and that was the final straw causing a meltdown."

"But he never acted like this before surely he's just putting it on" draco exclaimed.
" I think its a mixture of a lot of things, I'm going to tell you something very private about Hadrian and you are to respect that privacy and not divulge this information to anyone, if I find you have you will not like the consequences. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir..." Draco gulped audibly

" I think the main reason behind Hadrians regression into himself is the shock from everything that has happend so far this summer. He had a near death experience, inflicted by his uncle, he was then moved back to the castle and found out he had a father and his routine completely changed. I also think many of his more visible autistic traits that we haven't seen before now were hidden by his very protective and advanced accidental magic. I think his magic masked some of those more obvious traits to protect him and now that he feel safe and knows that he isn't in danger here he has let them out."

"That actually makes sense but uncle sev if Hadrian is going to stay that way forever how will he complete his courses at Hogwarts."

"I think with the right care and the right attention he will be fine, he has been keeping up with his peers in a lot of his subjects if you ask him to answer a question in class but I think where he is lacking is his literary abilities but that's not a hard fix, we have staff members who can and will help my Rian with his class work and homework, that will spend more time going over practical and I'm sure there are some students that would love to help aswell. I hope that you will be one of them."

"I can try, I'm going to go to my room to start on my Transfiguration homework can you call for me when Hadrian gets up I want to tall to him."

Severus responded with a curt nod and stood to sit in one of his armchairs to start on his next project Hadrians birthday present. he already had the room set up he now just had to find things to fill it with. Severus picked up his owl order catalog.

several hours later Severus stood up from where he had sat in his armchair and made his way towards Hadrian's bedroom. when he walked in the sight that greeted him brought a smile to the usually dower mans face. hadrian was laying on top of his duvet flat on his stomach with his thumb between his lips and stitch tucked under his arm. Walking in Severus sat down on the side of 'Rian's bed and stroked a hand down his back coaxing him awake.

Hadrian blinked up at his daddy blearily.

"good morning baby, are you feeling better anter some more sleep" the only responce he got was a fwe blinks from the sleepy eyes that were looking up at him. with a chuckle severus bent over and picked Hadrian up, feelinga wet pull up under him he went int the bathroom and cleaned 'rian up, then he carried his currently mute son into the living room. when he got in there he found draco sitting on the sofa with a defence book obviously revising for the new school year. Severus sat down in the armchair across from Draco with Hadrian curled up in his lap and picked up a first year charms textbook and began to read it aloud.

Half an hour later when Hadrian looked more awake Severus turned him around so that Hadrian's legs were on either side of his.

"Had, baby, can you look at me please." once Severus had his son attention he began to speak again. " are you feeling better now, come on 'Rian, I know its hard." whilst Severus tried to coax his son out of his shell Draco watched on with a new found interest.

Draco had realised over the past few hours that he had seriously misjudged 'Harry Potter' who he now knew as Hadrian he realised that hadrian wasn't an idiot he had problems outside of his control, he realised it wasn't Hadrian's fault why he acted the way he did just that he needed to support hadrian through his struggles and learn how to help him best. Draco came back from his thoughts just in time to hear the last of the mostly one sided conversation happening around him. "... i love you darling, remember that okay, Daddy loves you."

" I..I..l..love you Dad-dee"

word count~ 1005
a little christmas present to say thank you for all the support you have given me this year, thank you for reading my ff and following Hadrian's journey i hope to see you in the new year xx thank you so much for 26,000 reads!!!!