Chapter 14

Severus stepped out of the floo with Hadrian settled on his hip, he walked into Hadrians room and put Hadrian down in front of his toy box.  sitting in front of the boy Severus grasped his hand and rolled up his sleeve placing the wand holster on the boys right forearm where after the buckles were secured the holster appeared to  immediately vanish.
"its gone!" Hadrian exclaimed happily, 
 taking Hadrian new wand he placed it over Hadrians arm and watched as for a second the leather straps became visible before once again seeming to disappear. 
Once severus had secured Hadrians wand he ordered lunch from the house elves. After a quick lunch of cheese, crackers, and some grapes severus sends Hadrian to go and play in his room whilst he floo calls Albus.

"Albus could you step through."  Severus calls through the fireplace.
"Of course my boy, step aside." Albus comes through the floo with the grace of a pure blood.
Once Albus had made himself comfortable in one of Severus' armchairs, Severus settled himself into the other, calling a house elf for tea.
" Harry and I went to Gringots today, I had planned to blood adopt him, he had to take a magical health check and w discovered that Hadrian is Autistic. Its a muggle neurological development disorder that effects the way his nerves relay information to each other in his brain. It will effect the way he learns but not how much he can learn, he might need extra help and support but he can do anything that any other child can at this school." Severus explains worried Albus might send Hadrian away if he doesn't think he can do the work.
"I have to admit I have never heard of this 'autism' but as long as when the time comes he is able to fulfil the prophecy I don't see why this is a problem."  Dumbledoor explains the twinkle hardening in his ice blue eyes.
"Albus you have to understand, Harry won't do well under high pressure situations, he could have an autistic meltdown and leave himself vulnerable to the Dark lord and his death eaters." Severus said making his displeasure known.
"Severus you must understand the boy and Voldemort share a connection.when the time comes he is the only one able to vanquish Lord voldemort."
"They used to headmaster, the horcrux was removed as were the blocks on his magic. Harry will not be taking any part in the upcoming war he is just a boy, a scared, abused, tiny little boy who will not be forced into a battle that is not his. You want to know something else I discovered at Gringots, his parentage was a lie, lilly was not a muggle born but a pure blood from a long line of squibs and his father was not James Potter but me, that boy is my son, My Hadrian and he was taken from me, now that I have him back you  can garentee I'm not letting him go, I'm not putting his life on the line over a war that was started before he was born, this is not his fight and it never will be." Severus was nearly shouting by the end of his rant his hands were balled into tight fists and his breathing becoming heavier as he tried to calm the anger bubbling in his chest.
"Severus you have to understand that Hadrian needed to grow up away from the magical world, were he to grow up in the fame I feared he may become spoiled and arogant not trying in his studies because he was 'the boy who lived' " Dumbledoor stated keeping his voice calm, Severus was anything but calm, standing up he shouted at the old fool sat in his living room,
"You knew, you knew he was my son and you took him from me, for 13 years I have been miserable, not knowing what was missing and you knew, get out, now, leave I don't want you hear anymore." But Albus didn't move
"Severus you have to understand I did this for him s-"
"You left him in an abusive household when he has a perfectly good father here, NOW GET OUT!"
Once Albus had left Severus sat down heavily on his armchair great full for the silencing charm he cast before he flooed Albus.
With a sigh severus stands up and walked into Hadrians room,
"Hey bug, can I join you?"
"Yep, we p'aying monster and da snow man. Dey gettin' squished and need to run 'way."  Hadrian explained the game to his new Daddy so he knew what was going on and then handed him the snowmen so he could chase severus with the ice monster. They played like that till dinner time when severus once again ordered fron the hogwarts house elves, they had a spaghetti bolignaise, which Hadrian got all over his face, and some garlic bread.
Severus helped hadrian wash in the bubbly bath and them got him into a clean pair of pajamas and a pull up. Hadrian was only wetting at night now, it was a great improvement and severus was realy proud of him.
After reading hadrian a bedtime story and getting him into bed severus settled into his armchair and started o his latest potions journal.
After about 30 minutes he was interrupted by the blond malfoy patriarc as he stepped through his floo, severus regrets the day he gave the blondie his password.
"Lucius, long time no see, what do you want?"
"Now severus don't be like that, can't I come visit an old friend?"
"No you can't, you always want something."
" your right, as always, I need you to look after draco from tomorrow for a week, circa and I are going to France for our anniversary and I don't have anywhere else to leave him, you are always free so I thought I wouldn't be to much of an issue for you."
"It may interest you to know lucius that I am not living alone."
" you mean you finaly found another woman, oh severus congratulations."
" no I am still very much single, I have acquired a son. "
" a parent, you." Lucius scoffs
" Yes me, I have my memory's back luc, I have a son, My beautiful little Hadrian, he's 13 next week."  As severus tallks lucius notices, a few stuffed animals in the corner of the living room, a cup with what looks to be women wearing ball gowns and some more childish clothes that have been haphazardly thrown about the room, how he didn't notice before he has no idea.
" severus you said the child was nearly 13, do you have 2 then because I know draco would never go near and ot that stuff." He says waving a hand in the general direction of Hadrians discarded belongings.
"No, just Hadrian, he has a muggle neurological development disorder, known as autism this paired with the fact that he has been abused most of his life, has caused him to regress further into his mind.  He is in dracos year at hogwarts and although he looks a bit different without the glamorous I'm sure you will recognise him."
Lucius raised an eyebrow, and severus beckoned for him to follow down the hallway towards Hadrians room, slowly opening the door, severus walks in lucius following closely behind him. Lucius takes one look at the boy and turns to severus,
"Your son is the boy who lived" he whispers harshly,
"He is, he was never james',"
The two men wallk back into the living room and severus leads lucius towards the fireplace, "bring Draco around at 2 in the afternoon, that should be enough time to prepare Hadrian for his arrival."
With a last goodbye Lord malfoy heads back to malfoy manner and severus settles in for a quiet evening with no more interruptions.

Word count ~1319