Chapter 48

Aurora and Lily gasped.

"What the fuck"

"Oh James..."

you can guess who said what.

James's face covered in bruises, under his jaw and a prominent one on his cheekbone. His lips was split and dried blood crusted under his nose from obvious nose bleed it may even be broken judged by its wonkieness and bruising starting to form.

James hung his head trying to cover his face "I dont want Harry to see" he mumbled.

Lily's face looked pained as she shifted harry to face the other way, gently taking her husbands hands down and touching his face soflty.

"What happend love?" She asked soflty. James sighed, "I'm sorry Lils I lied. It wasnt paper work the Aurors needed back up from a deatheater ambush. I'm so sorry love" I-... i just wanted to help" he admitted shamefully.

Lily tensed a little but her hand didnt move from his face. "We talked about this James! You can't keep putting yourself in dangerous situations for the order. You have a family now and family comes first. You know I support the order and we will do everything we can not protect it but please love... think of harry..." Lily sighed.

"I know I know I'm sorry" James said kissing the side of her hand. Lily smiled sadly "you and your hero complex" she murmured softly in a joking tone.

James smiled pushing his hand harder against her hand. Aurora placed her own hand on James shoulder after a moment.

"I'll clean him up if you want? You can stay with harry" she offered. "Oh thank you Aurora you angel" Lily thanked, she kissed her husbands cheek as Harry began to cry she went off into living room.

James turned to Aurora with an uneasy smile, he knew he couldnt expect the same level of tenderness by the raven haired women.

And he was right.

Aurora hit the back of his head, enough to be a hit but not enough to hurt him. "You Stupid twat James Potter" she groaned.

James just looked down at his shoes. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up prince charming" she muttered tugging in his arm softly.

She put it around her neck to help him walk causing James to smile soflty.

《《《°•°•°○●○°•°•°》》》

James was sitting on the side of the bath, his shirt had been discarded and he was attempting to touch his bruised eye standing up a little in the mirror but Aurora slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch it, it will get infected" she hissed. James jumped a little in supprise but quickly sat back down silently like an obedient child.

She through the bloody gauze into the bin grabbing a new one wetting it and tipping James's face up gently swiping it under this eye.

"Does that hurt at all?" Aurora asked as she wiped it away. "Nah, its fine" he dismissed.

He watched Auroras facial expressions inquizzitvelly as she tended to his wounds, how her eyebrows furrowed slightly her mouth quirking down.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned soflty touching her elbow. Aurora always found it lovely how when James was concerned about some one he reached out to touch them.

Even if it was a complete stranger he's still give them a friendly pat on the back.

It was just the way he was raised and judging by her time with Mrs Potter he had developed this characteristic from watching and experiencing how his mother comforted him with soft hugs and reassuring words.