Chapter 56

"We have to kill him"

"NO!" Aurora's scream was so raw and rigged is sent chills down Evan's spine as he clung onto her preventing from scrambling to her feet and ripping Sirius from their grasps.

He clamped his hands around her forcefully keeping her down as she kicked and squirmed screaming her lungs out to let him go.

She hit and punched and at one point Evan even thought she bit him in desprate attempts to be released from her human cage to save her friend.

"REGULUS PLEASE NO!" She screeched her eyes flooding with tears to the point she could only make out the blurry blobs of black looming over him.

Evan pulled her back more firmly looking panicked he crushed his hand down on her mouth, she screamed vigorously against it trying to yank it off by his wrist.

"Is there a silencing spell on this room?" He hissed as he struggled to keep Aurora tame, her eyes were livid and she was scratching mercilessly down Evan's hand.

"Yes I placed one when Eric called for us" Lucia said staring down at Sirius Black her eyebrows furrowed.

Aurora finally ripped Evan's grip off of her. "R-reg, Reg please, please I'm begging you don't. Please Reg he's my best friend, he-he's your brother!" She pleaded her nails sinking into Evan's skin as he tried to hold her back.

Regulus stared at his shoes guilt swimming in his eyes, he gulped harshly.

"I cant hold her back much longer do it!" Evan shouted "DON'T please I beg you!" Aurora cried as she tried to wrench her self from Evan's firm grip.

"C-can't we just obliviate him?" Regulus asked softly staring down at his unconscious brother.

"That's not a guarantee he'll stay quiet, remember what happened with the dream..." Antonin said sternly motioning to Aurora.

Auroras face contorted with shock and anger as her eyes clung onto Regulus's "you knew?" She asked soflty.

Regulus didnt answer he uncomfortably turned away. Aurora stared at him in disgust, he knew, he said he didnt but he did. He knew.

Evan's hand broke away from her crushing grip and where on their way to keep her quiet again but she grabbed them once again, her mind switch on getting over as best as she could the lump of betrayal she felt twisting her insides.

"Wait! Wait please! If you obliviate him and leave  him be I'll come back... willingly... and-and Tom doesnt have to know I ran... you all wont be held responsible for letting me escape... please just...just dont kill him" she begged her spirit was on its last strings and as if one more denial or crash of disappointment it would snap.

The deatheaters paused looking over at each other quizzically. As if unsure what to do as both options where balanced on a scale and their was no clear winner.

"if..if you dont.." Aurora started again gathering up her shaking voice forcing it to come out as hard and brutal.

"If you dont... I'll tell Tom you let me out... you helped me escape. He'll think you've betrayed him...I wonder what he does to traitors?" she then reaches up and pulled down the collar of her hoodie exposing the large ugly purple hand shaped bruise surrounding her neck.

They all gasped looking to each other in horror, Regulus stepped forward he hadnt got a good glance at it when Sirius pulled it he only pictured a small bruise from what Lucia had told him but looking at it... made him feel sick.

It looked so unnatural, like someone had spread purple and brown eyeshadow across her collar bone so thickly it was nearly black.

His jaw clenched so tightly it made him feel light headed. "Evan let go of her..." he said soflty.