Chapter 65

Aurora wasn't able to sleep that night,

her back was aching from the cold stone and her feet had gone numb hours ago but she refused to move from the windows ledge, instead she welcomed the uncomfortable feeling willingly, desprate for some sort of distraction.

She just couldn't get the conversation out of her head.

It was like a disk in her mind was buffering and kept repeating the same scene over and over again making her brain spin.

"That's... that's what we've been meaning to talk to you about" Regulus said quietly playing with the ring in his finger.

Eric looked equally as nervous.

The tense atmosphere fell over them as Aurora stared at them expectantly.

"But we can do it another time your obviously not mentally fit enough to talk about it rig-"

"Regulus" Aurora said sternly folding her arms across her chest.

Regulus looked up pressing his lips together worry was very prominent in his eyes. What was he so scared of?

"Really Aurora it's okay we can wait you're already going through so much I-" 
"Regulus" Eric said putting his hand on his shoulder.

Regulus looked at him, Eric looked frightened but not as much as Regulus. "Don't be scared, it's okay" Eric said soflty touching his cheek lightly with a strained smile.

Regulus paused swallowing harshly. "Not here... we can't take any chances they could hear" Regulus said.

He started to walk quickly Aurora and Eric following behind and he lead them into a small parlour holding the door open.

Aurora came in slowly sitting down on the sofa hesitantly, Eric across from her as Regulus locked the door with multiple charms and sound proofed the room.

He turned to them his eyes flickering around nervously.

Eric patted the seat beside ehim and gradually Regulus sat down. The two looked at Regulus for a explanation but nothing came from his voice.

Eric took over instead.

He sighed quickly before looking up to Auroras suspicious ivy eyes.

"Aurora... you know that Tom's ultimate goal is to be the most powerful man on earth, but he is not stupid he knows that will come with time so for now he has settled for the most powerful man in England hence his unlikely friendship with the minister" Eric began, regulus kept his eyes glued on his shoes.

"Go on" Aurora said.

Eric licked his lips "he wants to be minister of magic, which I'm guessing you've already figured out. His plan so far has been... poisoning Leech" Eric looked at her expecting a reaction of horror but her face stayed neutral.

He continued "and so every morning Tom would slip a drop of poison that contains thallium, a muggle poison so it would have no magical footprint into Mr Leech's tea.

Thallium is colourless, odorless, and tasteless so it is impossible to tell the difference. But thallium is a very slow working poison and in the amount we have been adding to the tea it has been taking months to create a non suspicious sort of illness that will kill Leech.

But before Leech dies he will be told how long he has to live and will for sure come to Tom about it. The man trusts Tom with anything theres no doubt he will confide in him.