Chapter 16

The two women had been in the lounge most of the day, talking about anything and everything.

The laughed about memories about Hogwarts like how the time some unknown prankster dyed Hagrids beard pink or how Teresa Finnegan used to always blow up atleast one potion every class.

Talking about brighter days and light memories that had gotten the two women through the toughest of times.

"I- I want to thankyou agian for last night Aurora" Narcissa said after catching her breath.

"Dont mention it" Aurora chuckled but secretly trying to hint to drop the subject.

"No seriously, I hope it's not to personal but- did you... did he ever..?" Aurora stayed silent.

The only sound was the soft ticking of the old clock in the corner.

"Yeah" Aurora breathed studying the toffee coloured tea at the bottom of her mug. Narcissa stayed silent.

"He- he didnt do it much. Only when he was really angry. And he hated himself right after which is alot for someone like Tom. I guess I was rather blind to it. I told myself it was okay becuase he apologized and regretted it. Yet I failed to leave when he didnt stop. I.. I should've left. The first time." Aurora murmured.

"I'm sorry" Narcissa whispered.

"S'ok, wasnt you. Its just the kind of person he is. And I was naive enough to think I could change him." Aurora admitted shaking her head and laughing dryly.

"I was so fucking stupid. I- I thought he cared. I thought he was someone I could trust, someone I could open up to and god I never ever do that. But now I can see it was all just my imagination. It was a game to him, I was just his little play toy nothing more but a hollow piece of plastic." Aurora sighed gulping harshly. Swallowing down the truth.

"Aurora" Aurora looked up to Narcissa's sympathetic periwinkle eyes. "He talked of you sometimes. He never gave us a name but I put the pieces together pretty easily. He said you were complex like a Mystery, so many secrets to uncover i guess that's what made him so fascinated by you. And he has some desire to solve you as a mystery as he is yet to demand that. He may have uncovered some sub plots but not the full body yet. And hes desprate to do so. And you know when your with something for so long it's only natural to grow an attachment to it. And... I- i think Tom's grew quite attached to you. I think he does care. You should see the way he looks at you sometimes. I've never seen Tom look like that nearly happy. Just- dont give up on him yet Aurora" Narcissa said gently.

Aurora shook her head "I already did Narcissa.. years ago."

Hours later the girls where in the kitchen dressed in some old aprons Aurora had found and trying to mix the lumps out of the cookie mix they where making.

Narcissa was hunched over squinting her eyes and trying to make out the small fading words of the centuries old cook book they'd found at the back of the shelf.

"Okay next it says add 7 table spoons of sugar" Narcissa said looking up and let out a laugh.

Aurora was mixing as hard as she could her brow scrunched and the tounge poking out the side of her mouth in concentration.

Narcissa spotted a long streak of Auroras jet black hair covered in white flour making it look white and she tugged it playfully.

"Greying already Aurora" she teased. Aurora looked up and grinned "better respect your elders Narcissa" she nudged and pinched her cheek making sure it wasnt the one that was bruising.

Narcissa yelped laughing loudly as she stepped back passing Aurora the bag of white sugar.

Aurora set the bowl down laughing and put 7 table spoons in. She looked back at the bag completing nd lifted it up pouring a little more sugar in.