Chapter 20

Tom let out a sigh of relief as he watched his fiancee dash down the hall disappearing out of the doors.

That would buy him some time to come up for a plausible lie to cover up the mens murders. But right now he had bigger priorities.

His eyes scanned across the room and landed on a women with vibrant ginger hair, laughing along with her husband as he twirled her around, bringing her back in and kissing her nose.

Tom's eyes travelled down agian to Lilys stomach, trying to comprehend that the baby developing inside her womb had the potential to ruin his entire life.

A weak defenceless baby, how could this be? How could such a small useless infant take down the most powerful wizard known to man?

His eyes disconnected with the red head and began to search among the crowd curious to find what had lit Sirius Black's short fuse that had cause him to explode like a stick of dynamite.

His eyes landed on another women, the exact opposite than the fiery red headed gryfindor. She was pale yet dark, crazy yet cunning.

Bellatrix sensed somebody's eyes on her and her grin widened when she found they where Tom's.

She pushed her glass into the person beside hers hands and began to saunter over to him her head held high and Tom just watched her approach.

She placed her hands on his shoulders and reluctantly he draped his along her her waist swaying them lightly to the music.

"Its rude to stare Riddle" she snickered tilting her head to the side. "Who said I was staring?" Tom said monotonous.

"What's got you so up tight?" She questioned Tom sighed.

He broke away from her grip and offer her his arm to not seem suspicious around the other guests, leading her out of the room.

He stopped them in the darkest point of the corridor Aurora had ran down only minutes ago.

Bellatrix smirked leaning up against the wall but Tom leaned against the opposite keep a good enough distance between them.

His foot tapped agianst the hard narrow floor echoing loudly throughout the hall only adding to the obvious tension that began to bug Bellatrix as Tom kept his eyes down as if he was deep in thought.

"Well?" She screeched in her slightly hushed voice  are you  going to tell me what's going on?" She asked.

"Keep your voice down Bellatrix" Tom's scorned standing up straight and Bellatrix stumbled slightly back.

Tom paused as if trying to put together different pieces of knowledge in his head before proceeding to convide in Bellatrix.

"Its her" Tom murmured "who is?" Bellatrix rushed her eyes wide.

"Its her child" Tom muttered. "Who Tom? Who?" Bellatrix urged.

"Evans" he said meeting Bellatrix's eyes "Lily Evans. Its hers, it's her baby" Tom explained. Bellatrix raised an eyebrow.

"The baby is the prophecy" Tom said. Bellatrix looked taken aback her mouth parting slightly.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies…" Bellatrix said under her breath.

"How would you know it's the baby?" She whispered. Tom ran a hand through his hair looking frustrated and confused.

"I- I just know"