Gone

On the second to last day of the month, Phil got a call from his ex girlfriend. He and Dan were sitting in the living room in their pyjamas watching a movie when his phone started ringing. Dan watched as Phil reached into his pocket and pulled out his iPhone. The brunette saw the older one's face fill with panic as he answered the call.

"Hello?"

Dan felt his heart pounding quickly in his chest. He watched Phil's eyes flood with pain.

"....What?"

Phil stood up and ran down the hallway to his room. The younger one sat on the couch, unsure of what to do. He heard something hit a wall and then he heard a sob. It was a loud, pain-filled cry that echoed off of the hardwood floors. Dan stood up and quietly walked down the hall to Phil's room. Dan opened the door to see that his friend's phone had been thrown at the wall and had shattered the screen into pieces. Phil was grabbing anything he could and tossing it aimlessly.

Dan had never seen Phil so angry in his life. It was very unlike him to be angry or visably upset. The brunette stood in the doorway, watching. It terrified him, but he knew that he couldn't just stand there and watch Phil destroy everything. Slowly, he walked forward. Right when Phil was about to throw his laptop, Dan grabbed his wrists with both of his hands. 

As soon as Dan touched Phil, it was like a switch turned off inside of the older one. His rage was gone. He melted into the taller one's chest and dropped his laptop onto his bedside table, sobbing. His face was pressed to Dan's chest with the younger's arms wrapped around him. He fell back into sitting position on Phil's bed. Phil sobbed in Dan's arms. 

The brunette was horrifically getting used to his friend's tears.

"He's....gone..." The ebony-haired one muttered, the words muffled.

Dan looked down. "I know," he whispered, running his hand through Phil's black fringe, "I know."

___________________

Sorry that this story took awhile to update and that the chapter was so short. I was waiting until it got 600 reads to update the next part, and it got there. :D To be quite honest, I am not very fond of writing this story, (that doesn't mean that you won't enjoy reading it,) but it's very difficult to plan and execute. I'll update as soon as I can. x