Together

Just when Dan thought that he could move on, he couldn't.

Phil called him every day and sent him text messages asking how he was and if he was alright. No, he wasn't alright. He was horrible. As much as he wanted to answer the calls and reply to the texts, he couldn't bring himself to. What was he going to reply? "No, I'm not alright because I miss you like crazy"?

Then, one day when Dan was planning a video, his phone started ringing. It was Phil. In an impulse decision, he answered.

"Hi," he answered cheerfully. He gave a fake smile even though Phil couldn't see him.

"Hey. How have you been?" replied the older one.

He was talking to him like he was a stranger.

"Good....yeah...great, actually. Been busy with-uh...videos and stuff."

On the other end of the line,  Phil held back a laugh. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"So, I was wondering: are we still going to vidcon this year? We don't have to go together if you don't want to, but I've got our tickets and-"

"No. I mean, yes. I mean-Yeah, we should go together." Dan interrupted urgently.

"Alright. See you soon then?"

"See you soon."

Hanging up and falling back onto his bed, Dan released his breath that he'd been holding the whole time.

"My hotel room is 706, and yours is 704."

"Are you sure this is the right floor?" asked Phil, pulling his suitcase behind him and looking at the room keys in Dan's hand and then up at the doors.

"Yes, " the brunette said slowly as he smiled. "All of the other doors have numbers in the 700s on them, so they must be right down the hall." he continued walking, and then stopped in front of his room. "Finally! For fuck's sake, my arm is going to break off from this stupid suitcase."

"Dan!" Phil said, dropping his suitcase to cover his friend's mouth. "Language, mister."

The taller one laughed and unlocked his door and carried his suitcase inside. Phil followed him in and waited until Dan handed him his room key, and then grabbed his bag from the hallway and went into his own room.

Things were almost the same as they used to be. It was almost as if nothing had changed.

Phil opened his eyes to what he thought was a knock on the door. He turned on the light and put on his glasses. He waited for a second to make sure that he was hearing right when he heard another knock on his door. Phil threw his blankets off of him and walked to the door, shivering in the coolness of his air-conditioned room.

"The frickin air conditioner doesn't work in my room," stated a shirtless Dan as soon as he opened the door. "I am going to die."

Phil yawned. "Ask for another room."

"I did. They're all full."

The older one opened the door a bit more and gestured for Dan to come inside, and then turned back and got under the sheets on his bed.

"What, do you want me to sit here and watch you sleep, you turnip?" he asked sarcastically as he watched Phil get into bed.

"You can either do that or share with me," he said as he turned the lamp off and took his glasses off.

A minute later, he felt the bed shift as Dan climbed in next to him. He moved over so that they wouldn't touch.

Phil smiled. He was thankful for the darkness.

________________

Blah blah blah. :p So, I think that I might end this story soon, but that all depends on what you guys think. Do you want me to continue it? If you do, then you HAVE TO let me know, because otherwise, I'll stop writing it. Thank youuuuu x