63.

Royal Advisor Sir Rowan and the Third-in-command Lord Jeremiah hurried toward the Throne Hall as they had received an emergency summon from the King. Juanito walked alongside them, being Sir Rowan's eyes. 

'My King, my Queen,' Sir Rowan greeted once they entered the hall. Jeremiah mirrored his father-in-law's greeting. 

The Throne Hall was empty save a few members. The Supreme Sorceress was standing near the window, with her fingertips barely touching the table; a few Ministers seated around the table, looking grim and of course, the ruler of the Dithrai Kingdom themselves. 

'Sir Rowan, Lord Jeremiah,' the Queen waved her hand, gracefully, 'please settle down.'

'I was told there was an emergency,' Sir Rowan replied as Juanito helped him take a seat. 

'There is,' King Samuel replied somberly. 'We have a traitor in our midst.' 

The lack of members in the Hall seemed apparent to those that were present. Lord Jeremiah assessed the faces that were before him. All the people in the Hall were deeply trusted by the monarchs. 

'That seems to be true,' Sir Rowan replied as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully. 'There is all the more reason to believe that since Prince Damien's abduction.' 

There was a brief pause. 

'It's true,' One of the Ministers in the Hall agreed. 'Prince Damien is a formidable opponent with a strong fighting spirit. Someone must have aided the enemy. Without that, it is impossible to overpower our prince.'

'We mustn't forget the time the demons attacked Princess Amara and Sir Rowan. The princess had almost lost her life,' another said. 

'But we have no reason to worry now,' the Shalore replied, scraping her nails against the smooth surface of the table. 'I'll have you all know that we have gathered here to discuss the punishment.' 

'Are you implying that you know who the traitor is?' Lord Jeremiah asked. 'And if so, how come we were not informed about this earlier!'

'This mission was performed in complete discretion,' Queen Reveanna got to her feet. She stared at her brother, 'And to answer your question, yes, we have found the traitors.'

'Traitors!' One of the Ministers exclaimed. 

'There will be no trial as the news of the prince's disappearance has not been revealed to the people,' the King began. 'All those who are present here will decide the punishment. I hope we can agree soon enough.' He nodded at Phoebe, 'If you may, Shalore.'

She bobbed her head and stood tall before the table. 'The charges against the accused are- jeopardising the integrity of the Dithrai Crown, aiding the enemy to breach the Dithrai walls, assassination attempt of two Council members and finally- Prince Damien's abduction.' She exhaled. 'All punishable by death.'

'Then death it is! Death without trial!' A Minister cried passionately. 

Soon it became a unanimous decision.

When the commotion died down, Sir Rowan said softly, 'Now, reveal to us the names of those traitors.' 

'You know who they are, brother,' the Queen replied sadly and turned away. 

The Shalore hurled a wave of her magic toward the Royal Advisor. 

Shock registered on the Ministers' faces when they saw Rowan avoid the blow by ducking, almost most as if he had seen it coming. 

'What is the meaning of this!' Lord Jeremiah bellowed, making Phoebe the target of his rage. 

'Do not pretend to be something you're not, you traitorous scum,' she spoke through her gritted teeth. She wove a cage made of her strong magic and imprisoned the two of them.