2

Amara had never seen such a beautiful room. She had never dreamed that she would be staying here. She would have never known of the job if it was not for her tutor. She could only thank her luck for being accepted for the job. Her room was of the size of the main hall in the orphanage. Huge windows lined one side of the room which led to a balcony which overlooked the Royal Garden. A huge chandelier hung from the tall ceiling. Like the walls, her king-sized bed was also cream colored. She threw herself onto the bed. She began sinking in. She laughed to herself as she ran her fingers along the soft fabric. This had to be a dream. 

She sat up and in front of her was a huge mahogany wardrobe. She opened it to see that all her clothes were already arranged. Next to it was a chiffonier and on each shelf, there were expensive perfumes and brushes placed neatly. She picked one of the fancy perfume bottles and tried it on her wrist. Oh, how she loved it. She carefully put it back and headed for the washroom. 

She wanted to jump around like a child. It was so beautiful. Like the bedroom, her bathroom had an open view of the garden. Her room was in the Eastern Wing and on one of the top floors. On either side of the tub, there were exotic plants lined up till the edge. Around the edges of the tub, there were stones and soaps of scents she wasn't even aware of. 

She knew one thing for sure, she would never be able to work for anyone else if she got used to this kind of luxury. 

She wasted no time and took a dip into the tub. The lukewarm water touched her skin and she felt elated. She found it really hard to choose a soap but settle with the one that gave the scent of sandalwood. She enjoyed herself for sometime before getting out. She wrapped a towel around her and slipped into her pajamas. 

Never had she ever thought that she would be living in a place like this. 

'Ma'am?' She heard a voice outside. She quickly rushed to the door and unlocked it. She opened it to see a boy standing at the door. 'Miss Amara?' 

'Yes, that is me.' 

'I am Ezhil, the firstborn of the Tristar and Shalore,' he bowed as he introduced himself. She knew she looked awkward while curtsying in pajamas but she did it anyways, 'You already know who I am.' 

'Yes, ma'am, I do,' he spoke, 'Were you going to sleep, ma'am?' 

'No, I was just exploring my room. Do you want to come inside?' 

He nodded curtly, 'Apologies, madam, but I cannot. I come bearing a message from my parents. They want to exchange a few words with you after supper.'

'I would love to but when is supper?'

The boy looked surprised, 'It is at seven 'o'clock, ma'am.'

She was tired of the boy's formal tone already but she reminded herself that he was raised in the castle and they were taught to talk formally. She beamed at him, 'Can I call you by your name?'

'Yes, ma'am you can.'

'In that case, Ezhil, please address me by my name.'

He hesitated. 'As you wish, Amara. Now if you'll excuse me, I will take my leave.' 

'Thank you, Ezhil.' 

He gave a curt nod and walked away. She shut the door and sighed. She could not understand why he was being so formal. No other child had acted that way before. They would freely frolic around her and have fun. She reminded herself that she was in a castle and these were the heirs of the Royal family. 

She looked at the giant clock at that hung right above the painting of a stream. She had an hour before supper. 

She decided to get dressed. It would be better if she reached well before time.