3 | Lucky & Awkward

Chapter Three: Lucky & Awkward

"I hope you're staying strong,
cause I'm fine, then I'm not,"
~ passenger

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

Adrianna and I were sitting on the couch, watching another episode of Devious Maids—or, letting it play in the background as we spoke.

She was aggressively putting her black, wavy hair up in a bun, which magically looked perfect before she turned to me. "I just find it gross when they do it in front of me. Like, would you want me to flirt with your brother in front of you?"

I chuckled. She was talking about Jolana, who came up to her and Jared earlier today when they went out to get Tim Hortons. She had been shamelessly flirting with Jared, who had welcomed it with open arms.

"I don't get why people like him. He's weird," I told her, rolling my eyes. Which wasn't a lie. I'd basically lived in the Harvey residence for the last three years, with us being juniors in high school.

Despite him going away for university this fall, he was still the most popular guy in town. And he still managed to look good in a puffy coat in the middle of February.

Adrianna's sigh took me out of my thoughts, and I watched as she leaned against the couch, arching her back. "He's popular. And he lets it get to his head. Which makes him a dumb ass. And a pussy."

"Everyone is a pussy at this point," I drawled, doing the same as her.

Her eyes briefly moved to me as she smirked. "That's the spirit. Glad you're catching on after three years, Clove."

I chuckled before she pressed the palms of her hand on the couch, lifting herself up onto her feet. "BRB. I needa take a piss."

"Aim for the toilet!" I called out as she walked around the couch and down the hall on the right, flipping me off.

When the door closed seconds later, I chuckled, only to hold my breath when I heard the front door opening behind me.

Slowly, I rotated my head behind the couch, seeing Jared walk into the room with his beanie and puffy jacket. Since the door entered into the living room, I could see it was snowing behind him before he closed the door, meeting my eyes seconds later.

God, the Harvey siblings had the best eyes. But something about Jared's were almost calculated, intimidating. Sexy.

Uh-huh. No thoughts about that.

"Lucky," his voice deepened as he took off his jacket. "What a nice surprise."

"Jared," I dragged out. "What a wet surprise."

His lip quirked up with amusement, taking off the rest of his outdoor clothing before crossing the small distance between us.

"Where's my sister?" He questioned, lowering himself onto the seat Adrianna was just occupying on my right.

I raised a brow. "I don't know. She brought me here and abandoned me."

If he noticed my sarcasm, he didn't pay attention to it as he began to smirk playfully. "Well, isn't it my lucky day, Lucky."

My eyes didn't move off his for a good second. "Are you high?"

He froze before coughing out a laugh. "No. Not yet at least." Again, he watched me suggestively. "You offering?"