Epilogue

Epilogue: Lucky & Graduated
   three years later

"don't get to decide, but if I did,
I wouldn't die before I got to live,"
~ sam fischer

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

I was dreaming of experiencing my own Marilyn Monroe moment in a crowd full of people when the sound of a door slamming open perked my ears.

"We're graduatin' today, bitch!" That was all I heard before a heavy weight collapsed on top of me.

My eyes shot open despite the bright light entering from my long window across from me. I gasped for air before lifting my head off my pillow, my instant reaction to shove Tilly off my double bed and onto the ground.

I flinched when I heard a thud, not a moment later. "Sorry."

"Fuckin' sucka," she muttered as she stood up on the left side of my bed, closest to the door.

My eyes narrowed on her as she dusted off her fitted cropped top and shorts. Her dirty blonde hair was wrapped around a bandana, but she'd grown it out the last three years, with it now in a layered bob.

"Don't call me a bitch," I pointed my finger at her as I sat up, so I was leaning against my wooden headboard. "You jumped on top of me."

"I'll call you whatever I want," she retorted, crossing her thin, tattooed arms over her chest. Her right foot stuck out, so she was popping a hip. "I regret teaching you swear words."

I smirked and threw my ivory duvet off my bare legs before throwing them off the ledge of my bed. "You don't. You love it when I cuss at Vit."

Her expression copied mine as I stood up. She cocked her head back to meet my gaze, hers shining deviously. "Shit. You do be right, though, Coco."

We both wore matching grins before she cocked her head to her left, raising her brows suggestively. "You down to get breakfast? I wanna stuff myself with a shit load of food before grad."

Since today was the day students in the faculty of science would be graduating, Tilly and I would be together, thankfully.

"You know I can't refuse breakfast," I glared playfully. "Just give me ten minutes to get ready."

She nodded and took a step back. "Don't hoard the hot water this time!" She yelled before stepping into the hall, making me groan loudly.

"That was one time!" With Jared. It was a very long shower.

Her reply was a snort, but she continued striding down the hall until I heard her entering the kitchen. With that, I began rummaging through my closet, smiling to myself.

After first year ended, Tilly and I ended up moving into an apartment together, with another roommate—Brendan. Since then, we'd gotten closer, especially with us bonding over the fact that our boyfriends moved away two years ago.

Jared ended up getting drafted by the NFL after graduating. He got a spot with Pittsburgh Steelers and lived over there for half the year while I was in school. We'd been long distance since then, but I try to make time to go to his games when I can.

Tilly and Michelle broke up before first year ended, but she was now in a new relationship with Gloria, who she met during her shift at Starbucks. They'd been together for six months, but I could see Tilly already trying to distance herself.

When I confronted her after she and Michelle broke up, I demanded to know why she purposely ruined the relationship by cheating. She claimed it was the only way to be a free bird again, stating that relationships weren't for her.