11 | Lucky & Hot

Chapter Eleven: Lucky & Hot

"a little more of your kiss
is what I really need,"
~ jack & jack

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

   With a grin, I cheered as Jared sprinted at almost an impossible speed, only to catch the football perfectly before leading it to the end zone.

   Next to me, Tilly screamed loudly, with Vitaly joining next to her. We were all wearing blue and white colours, but Vitaly took it a step further, colouring each half of his face.

   I laughed, watching them both jump at the same time before turning back to Jared, watching him roar with victory. "He's going crazy," I nearly shouted for Tilly to hear. The stadium was booming with noise.

   She nodded and twisted her head, her hazel eyes meeting my dark ones. "He deserves it. That fuckin' catch! What?!" She screeched, turning back to her brother to shake his shoulders.

   He glared and did the same, until they were both wiggling.

   I snorted to myself before rotating my focus to the ground. We were on the top level, near the ledge, so I could see everyone freaking out and talking.

    It was Halloween today, but despite that, everyone was dressed for the game. Though, I knew that once everyone left, we'd be getting dressed for the night's events.

   Jared was clasping Alden's shoulders as they hugged, followed by the rest of the team joining.

   What an ego. Can't believe I was related to him.

    I ignored Adrianna's voice, just when I noticed Jared stepping away from his teammates, glancing around the crowd. This went on for a few moments, and I smiled to myself before Alden stepped away from their team, closer to Jared.

    He patted Jared's back and said something to him before they both jogged to the side of the field, where reporters were waiting, cameras ready.

   "Let's go?" Tilly asked, grabbing a hold of my upper arm.

   After I nodded, we walked through the cramped up halls filled with people before managing to reach the stairs. Just as we were getting closer to the exit, though, I heard a familiar voice call out my name.

   "Clover!" I peered to the bottom of the steps and widened my eyes when I saw Brendan, waving while flashing me a nervous smile before glancing to Tilly next to me.

    And Tilly, who had been holding my hand while leading me down, tightened her grip before looking over her shoulder to glare at me. "You're on first name basis with him?"

   I cringed. "Other than what? Last name basis?"

   "No basis would've been better, Coco." she hissed, trying to tug me down quicker, and more to the left side, opposite of Brendan.

   Who clearly didn't get the hint, because once we reached the bottom steps seconds later, Brendan jogged toward us—after shoving a few people away.

   The four of us said nothing until we were finally outside, able to gasp for fresh air—despite it being slightly chilly.

   I quickly stepped to the side of the front doors and zipped up my sweater, shoving my hands into the pockets as Vitaly slid in front of me.

   His light brown hair was no longer slicked back like normal, now in a complete mess from him holding it during the game. I noticed his hazel eyes shining with mischievousness as he cocked his head. "You know the kid?"