20 | Lucky & Drugged

Chapter 20: Lucky & Drugged

"you took my broken melody,
and now I hear a symphony,"
~ cody fry

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

   A pair I never thought would get along were, in fact, getting along. Almost to a point that a girl was getting worried.

   Tilly sat on the edge of her messy bed while Griffin leaned against it, sitting on the ground. His head was thrown back as they both laughed, while I continued to regard them with an ounce of fear.

   Griffin was a poster boy for being nice, responsible and just not... having a cocky personality. Tilly was a cussing, tattooed filled mess with hair shorter than his. Together, the image was shocking.

   I was sitting on my bed, my back pressed against the wall with my phone laying idly on my lap. They were talking about the things he's seen on the field—mostly failed kicks turned falls—which Tilly enjoyed.

   Griffin and I ended up riding in his car a few hours ago, and since we had completely different tastes in music, we settled for the radio during the two hour ride. It was the thirty-first now, and the sky was already dark. We needed to start getting ready any minute now.

   "What about my Coco over there? Got any embarrassing stories about her?" Tilly's smile widened into a devious grin before she hopped off her bed, sitting next to Griffin on the floor.

   He laughed and took a glimpse in my direction to see me viciously shaking my head. "Don't you dare," I mouthed.

   With a grin, he turned back to Tilly and tsked. "Yeah, I do. But I really don't wanna get on Clo's bad side. She gets scary."

   "My coco puffs? Her?" She gasped, pointing at me but keeping her eyes on him. "No. Really?"

   He couldn't stop his chuckle as he nodded. "You should have seen her senior year. We were at a party and this guy in our class grabbed her ass. Before I could even go off at him, she—"

    "No," my voice rose, but Tilly was already dancing in her spot, excited.

   "What? What did she do?"

   Instead of answering right away, Griffin relocated his gaze onto me. He was giving me the chance to finish the story, and I normally wouldn't have done it, if it wasn't for Tilly's obvious thrill.

   I sighed and leaned my head against the wall, but I couldn't stop my lip from quirking into a self-satisfied smirk. "I grabbed both of his nipples and twisted them. Hard."

   "He screamed so loud. Jesus." Griffin shook his head, eyes wide with shock before focusing on Tilly. "Someone turned down the music and everyone was just watching him. He ran out."

   "Everyone called him banshee for the rest of the year," I finished, sighing as I relieved the memory. "Good times. Asshole."

   "Now you." I nodded my head in Griffin's direction as I sat up, hanging my legs off the ledge of my bed. "Go outside. I need to change."

   "Aye Aye, Captain," he saluted before pressing his hands on the floor next to him. He was on his feet in seconds before strolling to the door.

   Tilly waited until the door closed behind him before settling her gaze on me, smirking widely. "I like aggressive Coco."

    "Clearly," I sang with amusement, standing up before giving her a hand. "Let's get dressed. Griff doesn't do well on his own."

   "I heard that!" He called out from the hall, making me chuckle under my breath.