Epilogue

Epilogue

The monstrous structure draped in five inch depth of snow, creating a halo of winter bliss would have been enough to comfort him in this grey-scaled scenery, but nothing could deter the heavy weight of pressure around the premise.

His brown shoes trudged a path over the shoveled walkway as he reached the stone archway. A breeze mocked him for foregoing his trench coat, and he almost regretted when a slight chill went over his back. Dozens of young people littered around the hallways with either bags slung over their shoulders or stack of books clutched over their chest. This time, he shivered again, not because of the cold, but because of the sight and scent of books. No wonder he wasn't a good student back in his days, the sight of books, be it be academic or erotic, still scared the shit out of him. A cold sweat could threaten him any moment now, but he was a man on a mission today. Well, every Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday at least.

Although the students were familiar with his six foot two inch figure by now, gracing their mundane corridors with his aura of euphoria, few still looked twice at his imposing and out of place attire. However, those who knew him, did not even bat an eye on his custom-made navy suit and his styled hair style. This was their weekly dose of entertainment after all. His charming attitude rubbed off on these young students whenever he visited. After all, he was a walking-talking bottle of fine whiskey for them in this boorish surrounding. Hours of lectures would make anyone crave any type of liquor. If only he was allowed to bring his stash, he would have saved them all.

A sudden familiar figure whisked past him, and he was about to call her out when she turned over her shoulder, her bag grasped tightly and a frantic expression on her face. "Sorry! I am making a run for it! Can't stay! Prof is taking too long! You better go and save her!"

He laughed how she dodged over others to get to another class. Stacy was just another student he had befriended in his time here. She was always sneaking away from Professor Hilton before he could trap her and dozens of other students into his over-extended lectures.

Through the hallway, he made his way to Prof. Hilton's class with a mischievous smile. This was the part he enjoyed most. A young guy, named Max leaning on the wall, grinned at him, while his friends saluted in greeting. "Back at it, again! This ought to be fun."

Max and his friends always bunked their theoretical classes to play basketball or hangout. They would soon be failing their courses, repeating for another semester until they failed again. He could tell from his own experience. Even remembering his days in university made him stumble. As always, they fell in step with him, eager to see the commotion he religiously caused at his arrival.

Once, he reached the door, he glanced at his watch noting it was quarter to six already. Prof did it again. With excitement coursing through his veins, he made a grand entrance by throwing the door open. 

Mid-lecture, Professor Hilton with bushy eyebrows and rectangular spectacles turned his scowling face towards him. "This is the third time you are interrupting my class, Mr. Harris."

"Oh my god, not again." A familiar soft voice groaned while the rest of the students in the auditorium laughed, some expressing relieved sighs whereas some even went far as to say 'finally' and 'thank god'. 

From the corner of his hazel eyes, he noted his beautiful young wife hiding her face, making herself small in order to avoid Prof. Bushy Brows' disapproving eyes, and her fellow students' wiggling eyebrows.

Neil Harris stood his ground, crossing his arms, and raised his chin, taking advantage of his height. "This is the third time you have exceeded your time, Professor." Adding a grin, he intended to lessen the blow. "Come on, Prof. Let me take my wife out. I'm sure you also want to get back home, put your feet up and enjoy a bottle of beer."