Chapter Three

The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough.
- Bede Jarrett

Neil Harris

The rolex watch showed me nine oh two. They were thirteen minutes late already, but thank god for their sake, I wasn't very punctual myself.

The street below me were deserted and dark with only the street lights basking it. This side of the city tend to be bare after 8'o clock since the offices closed down by that time but not mine. At least not for tonight.

Hell, I made random excuses to just be out of this building as soon as possible but for tonight, I made an exception. For tonight, I could endure the workplace.

After a lot of redecoration from serious looking office containing dark wooden furnitures, unexplainable showpiece, statues and weird painting to the more easy and understanding, light coloured office, I finally made the place worth spending my precious five to six hours here.

There was a long glass desk with minimum objects on it with a view of the city behind it. White shelves, green plants complimented the room, but what made it more bearable was the bar on the corner of the room stocked with many of the finest liquor.

Turning away from overlooking the streets below me, I made my way to the bar and chose the bottle of scotch to treat myself with a glass full of it. Just one glass. I needed to be in complete control for my impending guest after all. My special guest.

"Where have you brought me? Unhand me this instant, you brute!"

And speaking of my guest, there she was.

A grin made its place on my face as I looked over at the blonde princess, quarreling with two of my guards with her smooth, posh voice through the glass windows fixed beside the door of my office room.

"Somebody stop them!" She glanced at the lingering employees on the floor pleadingly. When she realised no one would be helping her, she glared and broadened her shoulders at Marco, my guard. "You are making a grave mistake. You have no idea who I am."

"I know exactly who you are, Ms. Davis." Marco said with a straight face and I chuckled. Of course, he knew who she was. I wouldn't send a man to bring someone who wouldn't even know who that someone was.

"Then you should be worried." She jabbed at his hand that was wrapped around her arm. "My Papa would not be kind when he knows of this."

And that was my cue to intervene. I gestured toward Marco through the window, who had his eyes on me the whole time. At my instruction, he pulled the angry, proud bomb through the tinted glass door.

The moment they passed the doorway, I could hear her smooth, polish voice clearly which made the hair rise on my arms. Her voice stopped short when she noticed me and instantly her green meadowy eyes narrowed.

"Who are you?" She asked, with her head held high regally. Her slim figure straight as a board but the soft curve on her chest beckoned my eyes to take this beauty with more brightened eyes. Upon noticing my inspection, I expected her to squirm before me or perhaps cross her arms to block my view but she surprised me by standing tall, staring straight at me with her hands fisted by her side. "I demand an answer, Mister."

Slowly, my usual grin slipped on my mouth. I sauntered to my table and took a seat to hide the growing effect she had on me. I should had accepted the offer from the gorgeous curvy woman last night, but my head was full of different thoughts, thoughts related to this woman and her family.