𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝓌𝑜

It had been two months since we sent a messenger to Bagara with my request to meet with the king. We had no word from Cirillo after the attack on Aquara because we couldn't get messengers through to Aquara. Human armies had placed a barricade around Aquara, making it impossible for us to get messengers in or out. 

        It had been two months since I've had word from Cirillo. I carry his letters around in my pocket. I read them over and over. I read them so many times I could recite them in my head. 

        Please stay safe. I need you to be whole and well when I return.

          These words kept me sane. They kept me from losing my head and sanity over worrying about him. I desperately wished that I could get a letter to him. But I couldn't. So I wrote letters to him that I would never send.    

           My dearest Cirillo,                

 I am well and whole. I am staying safe. 

            I miss waking up next to you. I miss watching you sleep. I miss the felling of your  hand in mine. I miss your smile and your laugh. I miss your teasing me about my height. I miss everything about you. 

            The worry is killing me. I wish I could know if you are alright. 

            Please come home. I need you. I need you now more than ever. I can't do this alone. 

            I love you.
          Yours,  

            Aracelli

       I headed to the library for the council meeting. A man I didn't recognize was already there along with Abel and a couple other members. Abel looked up at me as I entered.

          "This is the messenger we sent to Bagara. The king is here. He's in Keir."

           It's time.

           I put on a hunter green riding habit. It was simple, yet elegant enough to keep the appearance of a queen. 

              I grabbed the bottle of wine of my desk and hurried to the stables. I hurriedly saddled a handsome Bay gelding. As I was adjusting the straps, Abel ran towards me.

       "Aracelli, you can't go." He grabbed my arm. "If you get hurt, if you get killed, Cirillo would never forgive me. I would never forgive myself."

         "You aren't making me go. I'm choosing to go. I'm choosing to go for the sake of this kingdom and all the others. Abel, I'm the only one the king will let close enough for me to kill him. I have to do this!"

         Abel sighed and shook his head. "Don't get hurt. Dang it, if you die, I'll bring you back to life just to kill you myself." 
         I hugged him. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. Cirillo taught me how to use a knife."

       "Of course he did. I'll ride with you to the edge of the barrier to let you through and then I'll wait for you."

        He quickly saddled his horse and we set off in a full gallop towards the edge of the barrier.

        When he arrived, he opened the barrier without a word and let me through, quickly shutting it behind me. 

       I rode towards Keir, towards the king. 

       I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.