𝟬𝟭𝟵. strike!

— ❝ ( chapter nineteen, strike! ) ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗

THE CLASS WAS IN CHAOS LIKE NO OTHER

THE CLASS WAS IN CHAOS LIKE NO OTHER. it was exam week. Everyone flipping through their textbooks and borrowing pens. Moonyoung and Suho sat next to each other, glancing at everyone's hasty behavior. When it was finally time for the exam, Moonyoung beamed at how easy it was for her.

She had no idea whether she should've thanked her mother's photographic memory or her father's witts. She and Suho grazed through the math paper with ease. She had noticed Jukyung struggling with a few of the questions and sighed, shaking her head.

After the exam, the three girls all winked at each other at the gate of the school and ran off in the own direction.

"Ryu Hyunjin! Ryu Hyunjin! Ryu Hyunjin!" the crowd cheered as Ryu Hyunjin prepared for the game. "Wait but what did you tell Taehoon?" Jukyung asked, "That it was my grandma's 80th birthday!" Soo-ah explained.

"I wish you the best health ma'am!" Taehoon yelled as the three girls turned over to see Suho and Taehoon.

"You must've rented the baseball field for her party," Taehoon remarked as the two fought and eventually made up. "Lee Suho, since when were you so close to Taehoon?" Moonyoung asked "We're good friends, starting from today," Suho stated as Taehoon was so happy to the point he offered Suho his favorite piece of chicken -- which Moonyoung took.

The game was exciting. Everyone sang and danced around as Hyunjin prepared to pitch the ball. And when it was a strike, the stadium erupted into cheers, and the groans of the other team's supporters were heard.

After the game, they all stood in the lobby as Suho went to go throw the chicken they had bought earlier. The players started to go through the same lobby. "Isn't Hyunjin Oppa the best?" Soo-ah asked "What if he gets scouted to a big league?" she asked again.

"Oppa! Over here!" she called as Hyunjin was passing by. His eyes turned to them immediately turned to Jukyung. "Oppa!" Soo-ah beamed running to him with Taehoon running behind her. He brushed past her and went over to Jukyung and Moonyoung.

"I looked everywhere for you in my last game," he stated "Are you Soo-ah and Moonyoung's friend?" he asked "What?" Jukyung asked politely. "Two strikes, you're even more stunning up close," he mused "You're Soo-ah's friend, which means I'm older," he stated as his teammates started to approach while 'ooing'

"Can I get your number?" he asked handing Jukyung his phone. "My cell number?" she asked as his teammates started to cheer "Give him your number!" they chanted "I need to get going so hurry!" he laughed as she looked around before putting her number into his phone.

"Saved, we'll be in touch," he said coolly before turning to Moonyoung "I'm coming over tonight," he added as Moonyoung scoffed quietly. "No way, Hyunjin oppa must be head over heels for you," Soo-ah beamed as Suho approached them again.

"Don't you know how scary the world is? Soo-ah knowing him doesn't make it okay," Suho scolded, "What if he's bad news?" Suho asked angrily. "What?" Jukyung asked, "I'll get going," Suho stated "Moonyoung, let's go," he called, "Bye Choi-Soo, Taehoon, Imjoo," Moonyoung stated as she and Suho left the three confused. Taehoon quietly following behind.

Suho and Moonyoung arrived at the baseball practice place where she and he got baseball bats and started to hit the balls that flew to their faces. Both hitting everyone that comes towards them. Taehoon cheering behind them.

"Why did you follow us here?" Suho asked, hitting another ball that was coming towards us. "You like Jukyung don't you?" Taehoon asked, "How could I not notice when you made it so obvious?" he added

"You follow me to the stadium was weird enough, but you let Jukyung and Moonyoung have all the drumsticks. That's true love, you see," he stated as suddenly a strike of pain hit Moonyoung's chest.

"And then you got all jealous of Ryu Hyunjin that was-" he added before cutting himself off by laughing, "Could I seriously be more clever?" he laughed to himself.

"So why haven't you told her how you feel?" Taehoon asked "If you take too long, someone like Ryu Hyunjin will snatch her," he warned as Suho aggressively hit the ball scaring him. "I mean, they aren't a couple yet. But..." Taehoon added quickly

"You were particularly harsh during study sessions," Moonyoung added ignoring the second strike of pain hitting her chest, "Hiding your feelings like that don't work these days," Taehoon went on.

"If it were me, I'd rather go out with a straight shooter like Ryu Hyunjin too," Moonyoung mused, hiding the sadness in her tone. Every time she felt her heart get hit, she hit the ball hard.

"What do you want me to do?" Suho asked, "What should you do? You're clueless when it comes to dating," Taehoon sighed as Suho had hurt himself. "How about we give you some pointers?" Taehoon asked. "I can't," Moonyoung quickly said ignoring the increasing pain in her heart.

She had been experiencing those lately. Every time there was a sweet interaction between Jukyung and Suho or every time Suho talked about Jukyung. "I have to go home," she added before grabbing her bags and leaving.

When she arrived home, Hyunjin was already there. Ryu Hyunjin was her annoying and obnoxious cousin. She and he basically grew up together and they were especially close. "Moonyoung! How do you like the renovations?" her father asked as she sat down at the island next to Hyunjin "It's really pretty," Moonyoung smiled.

"Oppa, do you like Jukyung?" she asked suddenly as Hyunjin's cheeks brushed with a light pink color. "Omo, Hyunjin, is there someone you like?" Woojin asked, "Oh yes," Hyunjin replied, nudging Moonyoung in the ribs. "What's she like?" Woojin asked again

"She's perfect, like a strike straight into my heart,"